Originally Posted by 4soul
I just busted few times in live events from a situation similar with this one that was happening yesterday into a daily mtt that i used to play.
So, i'm in blind 500/1000/100 blinds and i have 47k chips, the chipleader from the table...I am in HJ with a pair ( it should be 77, 88, 99, TT - doesn't matter so much ), the BTN plays good in position ( his stack 25k chips ), in SB is one really aggro player ( he have 31k chips ), and in BB is a tight player ( have 8k chips ). From middle someone push with 9750 chipstack, it's a aggro-fish.
What should i do in this situation - take a review about the other players after me on the table...
1. Call/fold ( if someone reraise me);
2. Reraise to 13-19k to improve my equity to call;
4. FOLD buddy! I'm not in BB to simply call.
I would prefer reraise/fold 40/60%
1) its no point to call cause after u call 9750 it will be 21900 chips in bank, sb and bb will have almost 3 to 1 profit from pot and its no needed for us them call.
2) also all-in is bad too, our hand is middle-power, for example any 2 cards over 7 have 50% chance to win.
So its easy re-raise when button, sb and bb tight players.