What part of YOUR game needs improvement?

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of us have areas in our game that needs improvement. Are we too loose pre-flop? Too passive post-flop? Not betting the correct amounts? Do we lack patience?

There are too many things you can be doing wrong to list all the possibilities so I will just right down a few things that I know I need to improve and am working to do so.

My weaknesses:

1. bankroll MANAGEMENT. I have been building a bankroll from zero since January. I know I should stick to certain games only to keep my Bankroll going up instead of the valleys I'm experiencing by taking shots. I'm not busting my bankroll but merely going up and down from taking shots then building back up and so on. I am working to combat this by not taking shots as often and for a less percentage of my bankroll.

2. SHORT HANDED BUBBLE PLAY. I do OK on most bubble unless it's in a smaller tournament when the tables get down to 3-5 players. I generally don't factor in the short-handed aspect and don't adjust my pre-flop ranges accordingly. To combat this I am watching short-handed strategy stuff to help me in these situations.

3. BUTTON AND BLIND PLAY. I know I play too tight from these positions and it probably costs me in tournament play. I always think I'm getting outplayed in the blinds. It's a part of my game I am working on by being more aggressive by jamming lighter to a button raise that I feel is someone stealing. Also I'm raising more buttons to steal so when I do have a monster on the button I get paid off.

4. STUDYING. I have never been much into studying because I am lazy. I know it is part of improving my game so I now will look back through iffy hands after my sessions. I post some hands here as well to get feedback and different perspectives. It is helping because sometimes the bad beat you are complaining about is after all a bad play as well.

5. VOLUME. I know I need to play more but sometimes I quit playing early because of bad beats. I'm trying to set a number of tournaments or a time frame for cash games for each session and play that each day unless I don't feel I'm playing my A game which is more of a C+/B- game :eek:.

Anyway these are my main areas of concern and what I'm doing to combat them. I hope to see some other people disect their weaknesses as we all have them(I think).

G

Gugan111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding more in marginal spots for me!!

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to work on incorporating more bluffs into my play. I believe I tend to fall into fit or fold mode too often. I know that's a leak.

I'm sure I have leaks I don't even know. That's scary to think about.

JDCT12

JDCT12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt
Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt
Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt

Both going on tilt, ITO(Implied Tilt odds), and tilting others. I'm way worse at tilting other players, but I did possibly tilt my father today when I let him beat me in a 3.6 mile run. Probably not because he knows I let him win, but I had the right idea. I actually orginally let him pass me and then only after I realized that may have been worse then beating him.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to be more aggressive later in the game.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll management is my biggest weakness too just wana turn that 100 bucks into 1100 bucks or more which I have done countless times playing every Forthnight payday the last 12 or 13 years and hit withdraw 1000 or more ASAP which leads to disaster and bust 85 or 90 percent of time mind you the other 10 or 15 percent of times have won substantial amounts addicted to the chase of losses I think and one day will hit big and have the sense to put buy in restrictions on my account and not give it all back on a crazy doomswitch,Grinding 2 or 5 dollar tourneys so boring gona have to change that mindset but do not know how as will still deposit 250 say on 22 april and buy straight in 215 sunday million 10m guarantee on stars no qualms I enjoy playing juicy games which goes against solid bankroll management the road to ruin is paved with good intentions not knowing when to quit is big weakness I have eyes closing 15 hours later in cash or spin n gos can not think straight making silly errors and missclicks due to exhaustion fair play for your honesty but you do need to do number 4 learn all your pot odds implied odds
ICM EV and the other million things that can be learned about poker even if it is tricky putting them into practice good luck NHequalsfu

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mindset

i.e. motivation and inspiration

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I might give up to easily with a mediocre middle pair type hand when and A or K is out there. I think I should give less respect to a standard c-bet.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management and getting trapped way too often.

Oh, and not finishing 1st every time I play a tournament. That's a real leak in my game.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The two biggest leaks in my game are:

1. Censored
2. Censored

Once I get those two things corrected I will find my next 2 that I will work on.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get too passive sometimes after a run of bad beats. And I feel like villain's gonna catch up (cuz they always do during bad runs) so I over bet the made hands.

When running bad, I just cannot beat the guys who never fold because they consistently catch a piece of the board and I cannot push them off a hand. So it's basically a ton of folding then you get like QQ but villain flops the ace with his A6os.

C

cataah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the question because it gives me opportunity to dive into my own weakneses.

i think i need to improve my life surounding poker. My philosophy to gamble is to gamble only what i can lose. and because of that i swim only at freeroll stakes. at the same time i dream about open sea and highstakes. Maybe my math is lacking but i think it is dicipline. I need more [no tego plabra aqui] ... [composture i think/feel is the word...]. but before that my biggest weakness is my 0$ bankroll.

[...]

and i observe that i cannot express myself literary enough. I think i need to improve my language focus too.

so much work just for a dream... :)

Have a nice one guy.

C

christosa197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is the number one !
bankroll management

G

globetrott3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. BANKROLL MANAGEMENT - I don't see this as a problem for me

2. SHORT HANDED BUBBLE PLAY - I play tighter but I often get blown out although I have good hands. I should probably seek exploitable situations and bet more.

3. BUTTON AND BLIND PLAY - I don't have the nerve yet to bet if I'm one on one with anything I have - not sure if this is the right play but so I've read

4. STUDYING - I have been reading a lot but there is so much information out there and sometimes it is contradictory. It is hard to judge which are the most important points to cover.

5. VOLUME - I play so much that sometimes I get bored and don't concentrate as much as I should

I will add one of mine though.. AGRESSION - Sometimes I am to passive because I am not sure when I should bet and how much.. I feel this is affecting my game.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is the first one.
but i'm not good in others too:(

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everything needs to be pumped up a bit, especially luck and psychological aspects.:)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
like every player I also need to improve my game ... and I think I need determination to know when and as a player the low pairs ... -77 this is part of the repertoire that a player must have ... and in my case it is my weakness

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After all, we are all people and making mistakes.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't stand not knowing when I am being bluffed :(

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main problem in my game is to learn how to play depending on the opponent's cards, and not blindly rely on the strength of his hand and be able to realize the loss in time and throw the cards, and not go to the end getting involved in a large Bank!

S

Stan71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going through the same thing trying to make time to study and I did have major problem with bankroll management.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the steps you have said are important. It is very important to study poker before we start playing. Frankly, if I passed the bubble phase, I became a very aggressive player. I do not play loser. And, at the final table, I concentrate on playing very well to take the first place and win the tournament.

C

clyde86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
being bored and wanting to make moves...instead of sticking with a "good poker plan" is by far my biggest mistake. Which sux cause good poker is fun too just takes a little longer...paaaatiennce

Top 10 Games