What is the most common action in poker besides folding

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we check, bet, raise or call most of the time and if so, how often we do this action in per cents overall?

Might be an odd question but I just wanted to ask you guys so I can think about my action frequency, even though it always depends on many factors.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anything u do at a table even in the online game was given ur opponent information be smart to play differently if u think u have to fold on the turn or river don't raise just check. bluff was not helping u all time

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, raise, call in order for me... Well, my strategy is based on this way of playing. Raise (call a raise) or fold, I don't check often... but it's changing a bit now. I'm more interested to build pots instead of making them!

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think most common is raise, because if you have average stack and average cards (pairs (even low pairs), suited cards), then someone has to open pot and you can only do that while raising.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often fold . Even before the flop:) Really strange poll .Or simply set incorrectly.

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often fold . Even before the flop:) Really strange poll .Or simply set incorrectly.
I meant besides fold, and yes, I put my words incorrectly, I really meant what is the most common action postflop :)

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends upon the player.

A beginner is going to limp in most of the time rather than raise.

Experienced player rarely, if ever, limp in. One mistake beginners make is limping in and seeing too many flops. With good play, you're typically folding a lot of hands.

Face cards and aces are the minority cards in the deck. Based on that alone, most of your hands will not contain an ace or a face card so they will be folded the majority of the time.

So yeah, folding comes first. From there, whether your tendency is to limp or raise just depends upon your skill level.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most frequent action in poker is an attempt to call the last out on the river

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constant action in push fold poker.)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will say "Cheq" is very frequent

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't really know what the percentages would be but I feel like the check would be most used:0)

Folding in Poker