What are the main mistakes of novice players?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, some of these errors put a lot to lose, in a short time, and are these:
-Play many hands: As far as I've learned, winning players play between 10 and 30% of starting hands.

-Play outside the limit of your banckroll: Many players play tournaments or cash games outside their budget, this makes them not make the best decisions in the course of games, precisely because the worry of losing the money invested is greater.

-Uncontrolled emotions: The ego, perhaps one of our biggest enemies when it comes to bads.
Anyway, these are my points, I believe you can list a lot more around here.
Good luck at the tables, gentlemen, see you later!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the main mistake of beginners is a lack of patience and discipline. Also sometimes, a big obstacle is the lack of basic knowledge.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, some of these errors put a lot to lose, in a short time, and are these:
-Play many hands: As far as I've learned, winning players play between 10 and 30% of starting hands.

-Play outside the limit of your banckroll: Many players play tournaments or cash games outside their budget, this makes them not make the best decisions in the course of games, precisely because the worry of losing the money invested is greater.
-Uncontrolled emotions: The ego, perhaps one of our biggest enemies when it comes to bads.
Anyway, these are my points, I believe you can list a lot more around here.
Good luck at the tables, gentlemen, see you later!

play outside the limit of your bankroll.
I am currently reading and practicing to correct the error.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The novice player does not pay attention to position, He plays his hand only and does not consider, nor respect his opponents potential hand. The novice player will often try to barrel through out of position when he thinks he's ahead.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main mistake is poor bank management and not studying, that's why they want to win every hand

Thebhop

Thebhop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Overvaluing bad hands like Ax, Axo or just big cards and thinking you deserve the pot.

Another one that comes from the last mistake is not to take in consideration the board texture and not planning ahead the flop and the turn.

The last one I think is to underestimate the villain, especially in a upswing where everybody seems to bluff and you pay bluff-cathchers where is none.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the main thing is not to consider that your opponent is a more prepared guy than you and think that the value of your bets will intimidate you, something that almost never happens.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It concentrates to make the role even and It is not think it's exceeded more than enemy's hand.