What does it mean "Get paid off Lighter"

Operakid

Operakid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

What does it mean "Get paid off Lighter" or get called lighter. It's all Greek to me.

Thanks,

Operakid

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It generally means that the person calling had only a so-so hand (not a great hand) and they are "calling light/betting light", etc.

The "light" means basically "without a really good hand."

Hope this helps!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

What does it mean "Get paid off Lighter" or get called lighter. It's all Greek to me.

Thanks,

Operakid

Hi, I can not understand you in what way you have in mind get money easier or get knowledge easier, if knowledge is for this you need to be well trained to play and understand positions and all the main factors in the game so that you can play well and win

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting, I am not sure I have ever heard that term before. Thanks now I know the term and what it means. Good to read all post.

Operakid

Operakid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It generally means that the person calling had only a so-so hand (not a great hand) and they are "calling light/betting light", etc.

Hope this helps!

Top answer. Thank you.

Operakid.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. If you got paid off light it means someone was trying to catch a bluff with a weak hand or something similar.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hope this helps!

Good to know.Thanks