PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello, Chatters!
In a variety of articles and books, the topic of being able to focus on your game, while grinding cash or tourneys, is a very strongly highlighted one.
What do you do to help you focus?
Personally, most of the times I do not really care, as I am free-rolling, but if need be, I turn off the tv and all of the social media, choose some quality music and grab a cup of coffee. Black!
You?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Chatters!
In a variety of articles and books, the topic of being able to focus on your game, while grinding cash or tourneys, is a very strongly highlighted one.
Personally, most of the times I do not really care, as I am free-rolling, but if need be, I turn off the tv and all of the social media, choose some quality music and grab a cup of coffee. Black!
You?

Tv is never on while I'm playing, music through my headphones to block out all external distractions and no web pages etcopen while I'm playing so no temptationtoflick back and forth. Also no stimulants as they wear off, keep hydrated with H2O and nothing else while playing.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Chatters!
You?

I choose to play in a place with a beautiful view and play the best possible, but what distracts me the most is when I lose two tournaments success on the river and that's when you have to stay zene, in my opinion when we enlarge our chips at the beginning of the tournaments it allows us to focus even more apart from all other factors poker is mental first

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I only focus on the big decisions. Usually I'm happy to allow distractions, as long as I focus when it matters.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music for sure is a big one for me. In live poker I only sometimes turn it on. I like having a nice drink with me as well and maybe some snacks to be comfortable.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Personally I do a lot of exercises, so my body feels comfortable and my mind stays relaxed.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music is the biggest thing for me live. I like throwing on headphones to prevent players at the table from being too chatty with me and distracting. Online play, you don't have much of an excuse as you can completely control the environment. If I feel like I'm having a tough time focusing, that isn't the right time to play and I don't play.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I turn off tv, I stop browsing in the internet and I just listen to music, that doesn't make me nervous ot is pushing to much on my mood.
But this is only in ideal circumstances. Often it is different as I am living not alone here. My partner talks or turns music on, that makes me kinda nervous.
But when I realize, that it is affecting somehow my game I ask to calm things down sometime.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What helps me to play my best Poker is always looking the table and analyzing every hand played, even if I'm not involved. When I do that I don't want to check Facebook, Youtube or anything else, I'm just enjoying. You should assume you have better chance to win if you are looking the table and the hands, if you really want to win you will do this automatically!

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Coffee is very good idea...but shoud turn off the music as well...lol

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I turn off the TV and focus on what is going on in the game. It always works for me.

H

Honcho2007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch your breathe

When it comes to being focused, i recommend focusing on your breathing. it helps with all situations

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Chatters!
You?
moldavian wine bro. It makes chudes.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I'm focusing on having a good quality sleep each and every day, I completely avoid processed sugar and I just have fun when I grind, always having a specific stop-loss limit that I strictly follow.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always put a video in the background of preferance a good documentary.I drink a lot of water even if it seems unimportant.It is strongly advise to stimulate your brain.C vitamins of course when I'm too tired.I sets a goal (a place to reach) as well as the overall strategy I will adopt during the tournament.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Attentiveness often disappears due to lack of feedback. Naturally, your brain wants to know if you can achieve your goals.

We all have areas of life that we claim to be very important to us, but which we do not monitor. This is a fundamentally wrong approach. Only with numbers and full tracking can we do anything when we get better or worse.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you are fed, hydrated, and well rested it is easier to focus.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will eat, take a rest, walk along the street, relax, and then I will start playing.:)

M

mvt191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I´l quit smoking and after two months a lot of better focusing for the game.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
This is not going to sound intuitive but heck, if it works don't question it right? But anyway, I look at twitch streams while playing MTTs. I am single tabling so, makes sense I suppose. Table is in one corner, stream in another and I chug along. I found my game is better for some reason.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Chatters!
You?
This isn't serious. If you want a really powerful dope, then listen here. All our activity is the result of the brain, so drink a lot of fresh fruit and vegetable juices to improve the composition of our cells , you need the highest quality fuel

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Improved my lifestyle by eating healthy and sleeping at the right hours essentially.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally game, with the TV on with the computer screen with half my son's drawings, with a heat crack. All against. And almost always lose, but occasionally gain.