What to do now that I won......

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on ACR and won a freeroll and won $9. I have won a few dollars before and would get to around $10 and lost it.

I am wondering what is the best plan to build it....
Micro Gash Games
Micro SNG's
Micro Tourneys
or Combination of a couple or all

I plan on still playing freerolls because I have been very consistent in finishing close to or in money, but I also want to see where I am at in the cash world...does my freeroll skills translate or am I just good at taking advantage of some bad play.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

GROGUS

GROGUS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You won and felt like the play-maker? This is not so. Choose micro and build your bankroll. In a hurry need only cats. the rest of the answers you will find in any poker school. good luck to you.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on ACR and won a freeroll and won $9. I have won a few dollars before and would get to around $10 and lost it.

Micro Gash Games
Micro SNG's
Micro Tourneys

I plan on still playing freerolls because I have been very consistent in finishing close to or in money, but I also want to see where I am at in the cash world...does my freeroll skills translate or am I just good at taking advantage of some bad play.

Congrats on the win! I'm in a similar situation in that I just recently started winning games so i get the question. I would say definitely stick to the freerolls and try to win some more free money and build the bankroll. If you feel comfortable wagering real money though I would suggest trying all three and see which one feels the best to you. I started playing some micro SNG's and have had pretty good results in them (placed in 4 out of 7), but it should be what you feel the most comfortable playing and what you do the best at. Hope that helps and the winning keeps up for you!

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most importantly - don't play Spin )

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on your win! I'm sticking to tourneys on ACR (I'm a tourney player). I used to play just freerolls but have moved to micro tourneys as well like the $1.1 buy in $400 GTD and had success last week when I won it. :) I did invest about $6 in that tourney though between the rebuys and add ons so you may want to stick to freerolls and build your bankroll up a bit more. Someone told me you should only play tourneys that are 1% of your bankroll. Good luck and see you on the tables!

P

peddy.jr.85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Micro Gash Games

Micro SNG's

Micro Tourneys

I would suggest continuing freerolls. Perhaps take shots at the "dimer" every night. It's 10c buy-in $100 GTD with a good overlay every night. It's a grind and you gotta dodge some serious monkeys but there is some good value in turning a dime into 19$ for first. Also, on mondays, there are some good values. There is 55c 500 GTD etc. my suggestion is stick to one bullet (buy in) per tournament until you get a good feel for cash tourneys. I prefer MTTs myself.

With such a limited bankroll, stay away from 2nl cash games. They are high variance a lot of times vs some real mouth breathers who have 2-300 to blow 2 bucks at a time. That's good if you can sustain potential losses but bad if you can't. Either way sir, good luck, hope to see you in the $3-$11s soon.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grats on the win. keep playing the freerolls and playing the micro stakes. maybe try for a micro sattleite into a larger tourney?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Congrats on the win.

I would just keep grinding out the freerolls, $9 is just not enough to play ACR's lowest at $0.55. If you can find any $0.11 STT then that would be ok. Just avoid the Spin N Go's

GL