What do I Read?

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHat are some great books you guys can recommend for improving your MTT game? I'm wanting to get much better in those, but I'll also take suggestions for Cash Game Strategy as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott419

Scott419

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post. I was gonna make a post just like this, asking which books are preferred for different games. Like what book is good for Mtt or cash, also is there any good books for Online Mtt vs Live Mtt? Same thing for cash games as well. Is there any books to help with Online cash games vs Live Cash games? Looking forward to the info in the replys.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive readed alot of articles about MTT's but im not that good at them. 2-3 table maximum is good for me.
From that i saw and read i get that you play only when your preflop hand is good and then you continue. Otherwise is only fold and fold.
The turbo tables in pokerstars are like MTT i think. I mean you play like you play MTT.

Scott419

Scott419

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you read any good Mtt books that helped and recommend? For online or Live play ?

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, there are several articles and books. I think the best thing to do is observe yourself against the opponent. Begin to notice how you play your top pair and kicker, so watch your opponent play. And do it in whatever I believe will do more than any reading.

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that "Crushing Small Stakes Cash Games" by Jonathan Little is a great game that helped me a lot at $1/$2 NLHE live.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you tube has several channels that have a very good teaching, but there are many articles that speak differently, it is good for you to read a lot and extract the best for you!
Focus and strenght!

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think every MTT player should read "Harrington On Hold'em 1-3". Also "Phil Gordon's Little Green Book" is very good.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the game in the cache, I would recommend both Williams' books about microlimits

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like all the Harrington on Hold-em series. I know he has a few new ones out there as well that I plan on picking up.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not understand why read books if there's so much video

smpolak

smpolak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a few poker bibles out there. My favorite though is Phil Gordon's Little Green book. He has a good sense of the game. It is short and can shore up one's play. The best of them all is Doyle Bruson's Super System.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jonathan Little's 'Excelling at No Limit Holdem is very good, and has several different players giving advice. Harrington on Holdem books are great but some strategies are a bit archaic and outdated, as poker has evolved and certainly has gotten harder as its skill has advanced. The expert strategy edition is one of my favorites. Phil Gordon has also written some quality poker books also.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that books do not give opportunities in modern MTT, it's best to advise you to find a coach and watch the streams, I wish you good luck

D

DarrenD123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson's Super System 2 is a good read. It gets you into the mind of an aggressive player. If your not one already

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am reading Annie Duke's book, "Decide to Play Great Poker". In my opinion this book ranks right up there, dispels some misconceptions and puts forth a rational and purposeful approach to poker.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The book maybe good,but I prefer video tutorials and training videos online...

BradCo

BradCo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the best books about poker is "Harrington on Hold'em" in 3 volumes