What do I need to Succeed?

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Guys,

What do I need to do in order to take my game to the next level?

I would love to hear what u guys do after each session or even during?

Do you guys do certain warm ups before sitting down and playing?

When do you study? When do you review sessions??

Thank you.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m quite interested to see how people study also good question :icon_thum

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im an amateur,
What I do is learn from videos and book, and watch pros play.

Play for a few hours, then review the hands I lost and what I could have done better

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before a session
I make sure everything is calm and ready before i start playing.
Ill go shopping if needed so i have food and something to drink during a session.

After a session
I watch replays of hands played post flop and take notes on players and colormark them, so
im ready for next battle.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on how serious about the game you are. I make it part of my day to day, and treat it like a job. (A job I dont have to go to if I'm not feeling it that day). So I make sure to schedule when I'm going to play. My study sessions, and study groups into my weekly schedule. And I also try to hit the gym before I play. This make me feel ackomplished before play. That is huge. Making sure your head is right, already feel ackomplished it's easier to play right and accept variance.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely, knowledge is the first. There are plenty of poker books written by great pro players, there are plenty of video clips on poker, so you should be educating and developing in that sense. In addition to knowledge, as I said, patience and time are needed, as no success comes at night. You need to invest a lot of time, effort and effort to succeed. You have to be your own manager in terms of money. To know how to allocate money from poker and to have it properly and not to get frozen because everything comes gradually. He teaches and just teaches and time will bring you success. Good luck!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn Bankroll Management and Patience to be successful.

The biggest thing you need to learn is bankroll management. If you can manage a bankroll properly then you've won 80% of the battle. I say this because each time you play you have no chance of losing your entire bankroll. You're only playing with a portion of your bankroll and a portion you can afford to lose if it comes down to it. You're also moving up and down the stakes as your stack increases or decreases so you learn to adjust your playing style according to the level you are playing, making playing all levels more profitable.

After bankroll management, I would say patience is the biggest thing. Being able to wait for the good hands through long droughts of crap hands is vital to maintaining a healthy stack in either tournaments or cash games. if you're not patient and start playing A6o aggressively just because you haven't played a hand in several orbits then you're going to get crushed when you do play a hand.

I, personally, have neither of these to any great extent. but I've noticed when I do practice these I sustain a stack and make it further in tournaments. Unfortunately, I like to play for fun and end up playing lots of hands and joining stakes higher than I should.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree with The Fish Chums. He nailed it

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prepare by watching an hr or two of lex veldhuis on Twitch, watching his bet sizing is an education and he clearly explains his reasonings too.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To learn poker, the most important thing is to read a lot about the game, starting with strategic articles. I like to watch professional videos to prepare myself before playing poker.

The biggest advice is especially not to get stressed in the tournament. Come relaxed, rested, calm.Play relaxed has the advantage of playing calmly, and therefore making the right decisions. Poker, we can not say it enough, is a game of patience and reflection. It's important to take your time, to know when to make a move.

also think of drinking regularly, and preferably water.boire helps hydrate our brain, and therefore better to operate.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I try to read books about poker, look for training in some pages and see how other players play their hands to be able to learn. I try to play in a closed way and not play all the hands, avoiding entering with trash hands that could compromise my chips. The ideal is to be focused and not go crazy and lose your mind, this is going to make us lose our entire bank. The music helps to relax and decontract haha. regards

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Earlier in the beginning, when I first met poker, I read a lot of books, now I sometimes watch new videos of successful players.

B

bachterie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that Poker Books are a good Basic.

You can also watch Streams and YouTube videos.

I grabbed an old Book and read it again, because i had made a longer pause on poker.
In addition i watch different Pokerstreams and searching for strategy videos on YouTube.

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The game must be constantly disassembled. Allocate yourself to start at least one day for this (Wednesday is best). And the sport definitely does not hurt. And in the five-minute breaks, do not smoke, go, and it is better to press 20-30 times and again into battle)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always reviewing sessions. Either talking with my friend who also plays or just playing them over in my head to see where I mad mistakes or what I did right. Studying is something I do whenever I have spare time. YouTube, coaching sites and books are my sources of information. Playing and executing new learnings are going to improve you play. You can't get enough time at the table. Make sure you play within your bankroll and make sure when you move up in stakes you have at least 100 buy-ins or more. Bankroll Management is going to be key to your success. remember Poker is a break even game. If you play properly and manage your money you'll have more opportunities to succeed.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice practice practice. Review each hand you lose to see what you should have, if anything, done different .

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a combination of focus, practice, study, discipline, and skill, and most importantly, never give up.

Never forget, poker is a game that you will only be successful in the long run, and you will lose more than winning until you get there

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to calm down as much as possible . the most important thing in poker is patience . if you hurry nothing good will come out of this Yu wish you good luck !

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell me, really good poker lessons???

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or sites where you can learn , do not be afraid to bet and play normally

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
earn from books then play i tray some off the stuff you learn end see how is going for you ...tray to learn from mistake end start with some sng tourney small amount of people 6 sng maybe 9 sng

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch the pros playing. I watch even when i play

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is a combination of things ... such as discipline, patience, study, strategy and a good reading of your opponents ... this among other things ...!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinian like most of games.........we need practice...but practice with discipline......improving and trying the best all time......and to be very strong mental is verry important.....maybe most important then all strategies....

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you really want to go to the next level you should review your games. I will go over a couple of times a week each tournament I play to see if there is something I could have done differently. I not just looking for mistake but if the was a way to have won more chips or lose less in a hand. Example. you have pocket aces raise and get called by the SB and the flop is A72 rainbow, the SB checks and you bet pot and he thinks for a while and folds. Yes you won a pot but could you have won more. Now lets pretend its me and I called in the SB with A5c the flop had no clubs by the way. I folded as I lose to almost any Ace better kicker you could have. You flopped the top set on a very dry board. I would have called a 1/2 pot flop but the full pot got me to fold. When reviewing this type of hand you could ask and see was there something I could do better. What hands were you trying to get value from? Smaller pairs and aces are the most likely thing and sets if your lucky. You could deduct that this bet may have been a mistake as a pot bet would scare of a lot of players but a smaller bet may have gotten you more chips. This type of review can really be helpful but you need to be honest with yourself when you do review you hands.