What do I have to do

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played 10 since I started keeping track and I placeced 10thin one and 17th in another both in the money my tenth place finish was out of 600 my seventeenth place was 227. But I can't win in ring games any more since playing tounaments it's like I became a.better tournament player

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relax. It's all about patience. Study more. You'll get there buddy.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are two different animals. Plenty of good reading material and can always ask questions in the cash table section.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
10 games/tourneys are just a beginning. Hang in for 6 months, study, learn, and practice. Keep stats. So far, cashing 20% for a beginner is great.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be more patient in ring games, the blinds won't be rising.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament and ring games are 2 different animals. I never play ring games before I play a tournament it seems to mess up my tournament play. Pick one or the other to play and to a break before you start the opposite one.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will recommend you stay playing Tournaments until you get more experience/confidence,
In addition, for Cash Ring games, you need a proper bankroll to play properly according to the Bankroll management rules. :shakehand

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
volume is the answer. need to study and get better and put in a TON more volume before you can make any determination on your skill/success. Variance alone can be brutal in the short term, but volume can help with this. exercise bankroll management so you do not bust your entire bankroll on a downswing and continue to get better.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could go months without even placing in the money it will come just give it time

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a tourney player.You gotta take advantage of that.Forget about ring games.Play your tours man and earn money.