What to do with my BR?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just want to get some of your opinions as to what to do with my BR's on Full Tilt and Titan.

I have recently decided that these are going to be my main 2 sites.

I have about $60 on both at the minute but I am not too sure what games to play.

I am still gonna play lots of freerolls on FT so I will have some income from this too, eventually.

Don't think there are too many FR on Titan but I'm not sure. (suggestions welcome) I don't qualify for the CC $1000 monthly FR

I have also decided that if I go down to $50 on FT I am just going to play FR before trying buyins again.

I am currently playing $2.25 9 player SNG's and $1.25 90 player SNG's.

What do you think of this and what games should I play on Titan?

poloporasa

poloporasa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a pretty tight bankroll-managment.

If I want to play nl cashgame I only play the limits for which I can afford 30 buyins. The size of the buyin depends on my strategy, either short stack strategy or big stack strategy. Obviously I play lower levels with the big stack strategy.

When I play a SnG I stick to the 2% rule. So I never spend more than 2% of my BR for a buy-in (rake is not included). If I am in a downswing I play lower levels as well.

Like I said this is pretty tight. 5% of your BR might be okay as well.

The most important thing is that you feel confident with the level you are playing in.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty confident in my ability to take down the $2 STT SNG's on ft.

I have been somewhat successful so far and I am in profit.

I will return to the freeroll life if (or when) I ever get back down to $50 as a safeguard for playing above my limits.

Don't like playing the $1 SNG's cos the rake is the same as for $2.

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dump the freerolls, or at least limit them to the softer ones like the turbo's, they are way too time consuming and you'll end up tilty.
Your from ireland right? Try the Irish freeroll at 8.30pm nightly (UK time). The country specific ones aren't too long and wont fill up.
Now... with a $60 bankroll you are a bit limited. Are you ok in deep-stack MTT's? If so try the $1 90 seat games, 3000 chips and 18 places paid so not too tough to cash. The $2 180 seat is also a nice sized game, $100 first prize too!
I'd be tempted by the micro cash games too. Buy in for $0.80 and take a walk when you've doubled up.
If you fancy a late night try the $1 'daily dollar' game with a huge field but huge prize pool! There are $0.30 satellites for this now, 2 places win $1 entry, or you can unregister and take the cash back. V low stakes, v low risk. Not a bad way to practice SnG's practically for free. GL

B

Bobmurphy07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your strategy thus far. It's important to try and keep 50-100 buy-ins of whatever limit you want to play at but with your BR down that low I would say stick to $1-$2 games until you hit $200ish.