What to do against a Calling station

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I so happened to lose 3 hands against this rug player. I attached an example of one of the hands weve played.
I am the HJ, UTG opened with a standard 2.5x, I played it by the book, I 3bet to 7.5, the villain called my 3bet,- I was tight and I lost 3 hands to this guy already, JTs- BTN vs 55 UTG he made a set at Turn, he was down to 12BB, my bad I guess, JJ CO vs BTN shove 79o, he was +20BB he doubles I went down from 105 to 85 BB. he doubles. - utg shoved the flop, I called, I got them both covered, the villain in question called the river saved his tushy. How the hell do you deal with these kind of bingo players?

Attachments

• cs anal.jpg
    cs anal.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 53
maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing, just keep playing and let variance play it out

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such situations, I set myself up to the fact that in most cases I can catch him in the next hand and punish him for arrogance.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Karma is a biatch

In such situations, I set myself up to the fact that in most cases I can catch him in the next hand and punish him for arrogance.
Well, he's got what he deserved, he ran into a freaking trap, chip leader who was a bluffer catcher him with a shittier hand. K3o Vs TT, F-33T, T-7, he jammed, R-3. then he was busted

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't escape fate

Well, he's got what he deserved, he ran into a freaking trap, chip leader who was a bluffer catcher him with a shittier hand. K3o Vs TT, F-33T, T-7, he jammed, R-3. then he was busted

I also often see such things. As for me, there should not be such players, but unfortunately or fortunately this cannot be avoided.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing. You have information about this player. You can replay it in the next hands.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I identify someone as a calling station, I tend to bet on the larger side against them both pre and post flop. I never attempt to bluff them. You will bet them with good solid play in the end. If you use a HUD then I have mine setup to identify them if:
VPIP - Very High
PFR - Very low
CBET - Low
Fold To CBET - Very Low
3BET - Very High
Fold to 3BET - Very Low

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Hi everyone, I so happened to lose 3 hands against this rug player. I attached an example of one of the hands weve played.
I am the HJ, UTG opened with a standard 2.5x, I played it by the book, I 3bet to 7.5, the villain called my 3bet,- I was tight and I lost 3 hands to this guy already, JTs- BTN vs 55 UTG he made a set at Turn, he was down to 12BB, my bad I guess, JJ CO vs BTN shove 79o, he was +20BB he doubles I went down from 105 to 85 BB. he doubles. - utg shoved the flop, I called, I got them both covered, the villain in question called the river saved his tushy. How the hell do you deal with these kind of bingo players?

call or bet or raise with premium hands, calculate odds of wining the pot bluff less often against them, eventually they will bust

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call or bet or raise with premium hands, calculate odds of wining the pot bluff less often against them, eventually they will bust
Thats the idea, ain't. Everytime I enter the pot against them I feel emasculated

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently it was his lucky day, so there is nothing to do ...
We have to try to make the best decisions at the table, the rest is up to the deck.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play YOUR playing style. When you a tight aggressiv player just keep going. In the long run you will pick up the money from the really loose and risky players who play not that serious and more for recreation and fun. :)

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never bluff against these players and always make big value bets. in these particular hand villain had many outs so i wouldnt say he was that lucky postflop because after the flop any 9 or diamond beats your double pair and thats 11 outs with 2 cards left...

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't take the game personally, play every hand to the best of its ability.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An ATM will get lucky, which is their entire strategy. Play your game and be tight with it.