What to do with a really small bankroll

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So today, I was for my first time in the money of a freeroll (the CC one on pokerstars, ended up 26 over more than 2.000 people). Really nice, feels like I'm improving a lot (started playing a few weeks ago).

Now, I have 0.70$ as a bankroll, and I'm wondering what I should do. I have never really played cash games, so I would like to keep playing tournaments, mainly MTT but STT would be fine for now. My problem is the following : Should I play with this money now or should I wait ? And if I do play, what should I play ? I'm thinking about the following options :

1. Keep playing for fake money and freerolls until I build a small bankroll and get more experience.
  2. Play one 0.55$ tournament and hope for the best. I don't get in the money, I'll should be able to win some back in a freeroll soon or later.
  3. Pay 2 x 0.27$ tournaments. But I feel like they are always scheduled at times where I can't play, else this would probably be my first choice.
  4. Play 0.02$ hyper-turbo tournament or 0.10$ turbo tournament (with 990 and 360 players respectively).
Or I could try to do a mix of those things. So I'm asking you, what would you choose and why ?

Thanks for the help !

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a great results, well done! You obviously played well and ran well, the secret combination to winning poker tournaments. I understand the urge to want to put the money to use.

You said you started only a few weeks ago? I would suggest playing some of the $0.10 turbos if you want to play some real money poker. The hyper turbos have way too much luck but also your strategy wouldn't be developed to play it well. They are very different to normal or turbo poker tournaments.

You can certainly take a shot at a $0.55 tournament, but you get one shot and that's it, and variance is high in tournament poker. I'm trying to learn this one myself!

Otherwise, just keep enjoying yourself for no risk playing free rolls. They are fun and a good way to practice. Set yourself a bankroll target, bankroll management strategy, and stick to it! Again, I'm trying to learn this one myself :)

Good luck

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play in 2 SPIN & GO $ 0.25 tournaments

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0.10 $ turbo tournament with 360 players for this amount sounds good, these are 7 tournaments and you have a chance to win

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
-what to do with realy small br (0.70 c)?
-nothing! (or micro 45 players sng tournaments)

-you need to have at least 2-5 $ to play micro mtts, thats according to br management. keep playing freerolls, or make 10$ deposit.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would keep buiding with the freerolls and play the .10 360 mans if it was me.

Just keep grinding the freerolls and once you have a few dollars you can grind the .10 360 mans more.

Basically you want to play with the least percent of your bankroll as possible to have more bullets to fire because playing one tournament it is a good chance you lose.

I built a bankroll from zero. It took a little bit to get going but once you get to where you aren't grinding freerolls anymore it is a good feeling.

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend $0.25 45 players SNG, two attempts could land you ITM, and then if you liked them, you can keep trying those. If unlucky, then gotta get some coin from freerolls again. :) Another option of course is to save that little bit, and try to build something that start to look like bankroll. Decide for yourself, wish you best of luck at the tables!

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys !

I'll start with a few 0.10$, might go for a 0.25$ too, I like the fact that there is only 45 players in those. I'm hoping for the best !

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should try the $0,02 And $0,10 First before trying to play the $0,25 Tournaments/Sit&Go's, Since you only have $0,70 ' Or you should wait and try to cash more freerolls so you can mange a bankroll.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Keep playing for fake money and freerolls until I build a small bankroll and get more experience.

Stay away from play money games. A majority of the players in those games do not know how to play and won't help you improve your game.

You should continue playing in the freerolls and build your bankroll. Concentrate on the CC games and some other privately run freerolls out there (they are not hard to find.)

2. Play one 0.55$ tournament and hope for the best. I don't get in the money, I'll should be able to win some back in a freeroll soon or later.

I have hard and fast rule to not spend more than 25% of my bankroll on any tournament. This will give me 4 chances to win anything substantial. If you are still learning the game, then maybe adjust this percentage to 20% or less.

3. Pay 2 x 0.27$ tournaments. But I feel like they are always scheduled at times where I can't play, else this would probably be my first choice.

Patience. Wait until you can play. Don't be in a hurry. If you can play on the weekends, then pencil yourself in for one or two that you can find.

4. Play 0.02$ hyper-turbo tournament or 0.10$ turbo tournament (with 990 and 360 players respectively).

Very hard to win, and if you get into the money, not worth the time. Sometimes I feel these types of tournaments are worse than freerolls where every hand is a coin toss. And that coin has 3, 4, or 5 sides -- because everyone is pushing all-in.

Also, not only are the blinds going up quicker, the timer to make your turn becomes lesser. This is pressure that you don't need when first starting to play the game. It can make you develop some bad habits.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about the pennies, you can always win them back in Freerolls. Start playing the tournaments you like and spare up some pennies for the Jackpot Freerolls. Try all the accessible Tournaments and find out, which suits you best.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep up with the freerolls for sure. I would advise against the 2ct hyper SNG, but 10ct 360player turbo SNG are fine. Would highly suggest a tight playstyle, especially early on!

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys, I'll take your advice and try to carefully build a bigger bankroll !

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So today, I was for my first time in the money of a freeroll (the CC one on Pokerstars, ended up 26 over more than 2.000 people). Really nice, feels like I'm improving a lot (started playing a few weeks ago).

Now, I have 0.70$ as a bankroll, and I'm wondering what I should do. I have never really played cash games, so I would like to keep playing tournaments, mainly MTT but STT would be fine for now. My problem is the following : Should I play with this money now or should I wait ? And if I do play, what should I play ? I'm thinking about the following options :

Or I could try to do a mix of those things. So I'm asking you, what would you choose and why ?

Thanks for the help !
i woul try to double , tripple, or even quadrouple my winnings by playing a cash game. then go and play a tournament and win it all. if you dont like cash games then just go straight for the .70 cent tourny

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
70 cents what?

How about deposit 300 bucks and play for reals.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd just suggest doing nothing with your bankroll for now because it's way too small. Better thing to do is to keep on playing freerolls. It should take some time to get in regular CC freerolls, but you can already play freerolls from poker stars School. The Elementary level is pretty wild but even High School (the next level) is quite reasonable.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, if you can: make your first deposit on pokerstars and dont forget the bonus for first deposit.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the number of tournaments, the sieve 0,2 and 0,10.Spin-th or satelite and so on...

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I definitely advise you to try to play in the satellite for $ 0.11 to: Bounty Builder $ 0.55.
Given your small bankroll, you will be able to play 6 such satellites, such as one per day. I am sure, that having 6 chances, at least in one, you will be able to earn somethink.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the small tables that pay out good, it works for me.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management