What is the best way to improve your game?

M

marksondias

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best poker coach these days? Where do I get material on the internet?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to our community.
Here you will find a lot of useful information to improve your game.
I am convinced that you can become the best trainer for yourself.
I recommend reading this book:
Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"
Good luck.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, welcome!

Here in the forum you will find plenty of poker content that will help you. But if you are looking for something advanced, it is best to make a Coach with someone you like and be very experienced and a winner in poker.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I usually watch tutorial videos of the great poker professionals ... where they teach how to analyze and make the best decision in a particular situation ... as well as I like to see the great players playing live and learn how they play they...

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi Welcome!

Well these days there is really a lot of material on the internet the best way to learn is individual for each person some people leaarn better with books and articles others with video tutorials and others by just watching I think these three ways are the best if you can do little of each one, here in CardsChat there a lot of interesting Articles that for sure will help to improve your game also watching pros and imitating their actions althogh we might not understand 100% but it may help and of course the experience is the best teacher. you keep playing and trying strategies and see which one will work the best for your gamestyle...

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can learn from youtube videos, Poker schools, read some poker books, watch streamers on Twitch, learn by yourself etc.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can learn from youtube videos, Poker schools, read some poker books, watch streamers on Twitch, learn by yourself etc.
I agree, I love the you tube tuts, and follow the acr stormers mostly:)

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to improve

What is the best poker coach these days? Where do I get material on the internet?

I would say YouTube because 1 it’s free. You lose so much money just playing poker that you don’t want to waste extra having someone tell you something you can learn for free on YouTube. And 2 it’s Versatile, there’s so many different points of view and you need all of them so you can find out which style works for you. Other than YouTube I would say learn from yourself..... find a way to record you’re playing and play back and find out what you could’ve done better. Good luck!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Costs money but the best way to improve your game is to play live and online in extremely tough games against some of the best players in the world good luck.:)
Study and analyse everything after the games this will be your best coach possible.

N

nathan66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys,

I'm also new and I saw that you advise to learn from Youtube's videos but do you have some names of pro poker players who are good teachers.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to improve your game is to analize your own hands using poker tracker.

P

pierreb292

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello nathan,

I learn a lot from Youtube, i'm a beginner too. I watch a lot of video of Davidi Kitai?
Do you know him ?

P

pierreb292

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, What kind of trackers should i use ?

N

nathan66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Pierre,

Yes I know him but he's french, I'm talking in french as well but I prefer english videos to improve both my poker and english ! :) So if anyone got a good english poker youtuber that would be nice !

N

nathan66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to improve your game is to analize your own hands using poker tracker.
And which poker tracker should I use ? I know pokertracker, holdem manager and jivaro which one is the best and why ? (I'm still a beginner so maybe all the stats are not that useful at the moment)

P

pierreb292

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nathan do you have some french Youtube channel or Pro player to advise ?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a good idea when learning the game (and in general really) to be spending more time studying poker than playing it.

There are endless sources of material on all different types of game so it very much depends on what kind of poker you want to play... Cash games or tournaments, Omaha or NLHE, etc etc..

Another wise thing to do as well as studying as much as you can is to thoroughly analyse your sessions after you've played.

You've found the right place here and there are lots of likeminded people who will point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

onecardsteve

onecardsteve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
practice

go to youtube, look for poker pod casts, if you are like me I am visual, i love the youtube videos

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And which poker tracker should I use ? I know pokertracker, holdem manager and jivaro which one is the best and why ? (I'm still a beginner so maybe all the stats are not that useful at the moment)

I have been using only HM so I can't say which program is the best, but it's not that important which program to use - just choose one you like, the key is to analize your game after every session to find mistakes.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you see a new concept or line - try and understand why it works and then actually implement it into your own game. I have been guilty of learning lots of concepts however when I come to play I don't apply them - my biggest weakness.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All very good suggestions that I have seen in the other responses. Another thing along the same lines as YouTube and such would be to sign up for a Twitch account. There you can watch players stream their games live and you can chat with them about their plays. Alot of the professionals have a high volume of people watching so don't expect a 1on1 conversation on anything like that - but it's something cool that I like to leave on in the background and learn some things from.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play and study. Lots of good material online for free, and many good books to borrow at the library. Track your hands -

HaKaPu

HaKaPu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerschool on pokerstars have useful information about game style and playing at various positions

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should pay to see videos of pro poker players who will explain totally their thinking process and then apply what they explain

Top 10 Games