What is the best hand to have in omaha?

D

dumbdonut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If aces is the best hand in texas holdem then what is the best hand in omaha?

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I swear I just answered this yesterday but it's AAKK double suited.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AAKK double suited is the best hand. Unlike getting AA in Texas Hold'em though, you won't get AAKK double suited every session you play. You'll only get it a few times a year because it's so rare.

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, it's important to understand that even the best hand in Omaha is rather vulnerable compared with AA in Hold'em. AA in Hold'em is an 85% favorite over a random hand, while AAKK double suited is only a 71% favorite over a random hand in Omaha.

This is part of the reason why winrates are comparatively lower in Omaha and the rake is a bigger obstacle.

J

Julio Andre

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AAKK double suited is the best hand.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of the Omaha if it is the normal Omaha the best hand is AAKK suited but if it is Omaha H/L the best hand is AA23

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, it's important to understand that even the best hand in Omaha is rather vulnerable compared with AA in Hold'em. AA in Hold'em is an 85% favorite over a random hand, while AAKK double suited is only a 71% favorite over a random hand in Omaha.

This is part of the reason why winrates are comparatively lower in Omaha and the rake is a bigger obstacle.

This is very true. I've gotten it a couple times and lost with it both times. There are just so many possibilities in Omaha. This is why I don't normally play it. I can't handle the swings.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands