Ways to loosen up a table other than showing a bluff

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people like the table to know or think they bluff a lot so that when they do hit a good hand the table will open up their collective wallets and pocketbooks and shower them with chips. Well, I have a few other ways to accomplish the same type of effect if you're interested. They all circle on doing things that stand out. Making people think you're more of a gambler than a poker player.

• Be willing to show failed bluffs. I've seen people show a successful bluff then, on a later hand where they have bet big and lost, they'll muck the losing hand as though they are ashamed they got caught bluffing. If you're going to show the successful bluffs then show the failures as well. Not only will it show you bluff, but it may convince people you're a weaker player than you really are.
  • If you're in a miniscule pot you don't give a crap about (say it's a 2 BB pot), throw out 1 BB and if they call, muck the hand before they even get a chance to show theirs. Yeah, you literally throw away 3 BB, but such an obviously poor action gets people's attention.
  • Straddle whenever possible. This makes the table think you're a gambler and will also annoy the weaker minded players.
  • Don't just check blind, but bet blind. That really gets people's attention. I was in a tourney and someone before me thought they'd get cute and check dark, so I raised dark. I'll never forget that look and yeah, they folded. (btw I had top two pair so it's not like I was spewing chips for no reason).
  • In cash games, be a generous tipper when you win pots. Tipping a $5 chip or two when you win a monster pot gets people's attention and I've seen tables open up to someone who tips big. It can be a tight table, but when that big tipper is in the hand other players are too.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
great post, i will see if works later :flute:

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, this is actually really helpful, i always show my successful bluffs better never the failed one, so maybe i can try that as well!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open up your IP 3Bet range...

Once you get tight players to call wider pre, the more thier bluff ranges comes out post.... as long we we play a well balanced and disciplined game, we should come out profitable.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah Tipping Good is generally a great Strategy. Because it create s Good Poker Carma at The Tables . Have You ever Tipped a player That because he played so Bad That you won a Huge Pot. Good Luck At The Tables.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to try sometime!