Wait For The Big Blind

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are in a situation where you can wait for the big blind, do so. Do not be in a rush to play. The longer you can wait, the more you can learn about the standard of the other players

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been a question of mine for quite some time, and now I have the answer. Thanks!

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never put money in a pot unless I have to. Pretty good rule of thumb.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always figured that the position was important. However, waiting and be observant are good things. Good advice. Thx.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are in a situation where you can wait for the big blind, do so. Do not be in a rush to play. The longer you can wait, the more you can learn about the standard of the other players

your affirmation just pop me up some question, what is comfortable to wait the big blind comes? I heard that 12bb was the limite for a comfort zone with your own stack.Although some times I just keep letting the big blinds goes with my money because any good card came and I got a good hand and usually double up.

The big question is it really worth to wait you stack goes down to just realize that you have to make another all in in a couple hands after?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hurry it is not necessary,as one man said, importantly,patience.Properly sit down and gather information about players.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am always waiting. Why throw away money?

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what you think. I do not think so, it depends on your hand, position, stack and who is an aggressor.

If you wait too long, the blinds eat you = D

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not talking about waiting indefinitely, just sufficient time to get a handle on how some of the other players are playing.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online I will wait for bb to start playing now playing live since hands take a lot longer my position will dictate when I start

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I am not that player who can wait for big blind especially on the table with nine players. When I want to play, I sit and play. This is maybe a good rule for not throwing money away but for the players who can wait :D

MissMtnDewAQ

MissMtnDewAQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree with waiting to put money in the pot until you are the big blind.
You play the game because you love it and why do anything halfways that you enjoy. I'm all-in, go big or go home. I play the players, the cards, my position...
Scared money does not make money.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is this a Enigma?
I understand it is necessary to pick up the situation, the hand and the opponents, so that your statement is the right behavior for fictitious conditions?

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes true , I always make a profit of that time while waiting for the big blind , look how some players acting etc .. to have a little vision about the table

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not rush if you know exactly what you will do in the big blind :)

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
//

I am waiting too .There is no need of throwing money .

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am waiting too, but lately i found myself so unlucky and i end up playing
2 of 10 hands because of bad hand. :argh::argh:

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good hands

What abou havin great cards, should we pay in or wait?, this doubt id killing me, thanks

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play good hand!!! in a first position...the blinds mmm good hands...disipline!!!...not be a bingoplayer!!!!

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what?

Thanks for your advice, great one, I'll try it in my next tournament, only one question, if I get a ver good hand like AA or AK should i pay for the flop?

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is usually a sign of good discipline for a player to wait for the big blind. That way he/she can also get a baseline read on other players at the table before they enter the action. This is true online and live.