Urgent- Need a reply about the poker rules

B

baartaz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Player 1 raises allin, Player 2 says call and shows his cards, but he didnt see that Player 3 is still playing and player 3 didnt make an action, Does Player2 gets an auto-muck? I need an urgent reply! Texas holdem, Thank you

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has to be determined based on house rules set before the game. If there are no rules in place, the player should be warned, possibly asked not to continue playing... but it should not affect the current hand.

Here is what most common house rules state:

"If a player exposes BOTH of their cards before all players have acted, the cards are shown to the table and that player can NO LONGER bet or raise. Their only options are call or fold. "

Because the player is already all-in, there should not be any action taken against the player. It is unfortunate, but mistakes happen. If it is suspected to be intentional, rather than a mistake, then I would ask that player to finish the hand and leave the game (or not return to future games). If it was intentional, the player could potentially be trying to save player 3 from losing their chips (if they are friends). Most likely though, this was just an accident and should be treated as such.

Those quoted house rules are from:
https://www.worldtavernpoker.info/complete-rule-guide

Last edited:
N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We use this on our Home game and I think that most of houses also do. If a player shows his hand it is shown to everyone in the table. If he takes action before his moment, he automatically follows what those before act. So if someone puts him in all in position he is calling. Except for folding.

Poker Rules - Poker Games