One two three four or more

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get bored playing a single table so I decided to play 6 tables at once and once I doubled my buy in I would leave table. Found this to be most profitable and kept me from playing losing hands. Although if all tables hit good cards it can become quite stressful. Any suggestions, should I play this way or not?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tables you double your buy-in on are playing soft why would you leave them? It seems like that strategy would lead to you staying on your harder tables and leaving the softer ones....that would seem to be the opposite of what you would want to do.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play one game at a time. To confusing trying to read 19 other players at once.

Queen of hearts

Queen of hearts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play as many tables as you can to make good decisions. Keep in mind that fast and short tables play more intensively. Long - play slower and you can play them more. In fact, the ability to play several tables at the same time is an excellent advantage of online poker in comparison with a live game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know 1-2 tables can be mind-numbing sometimes,but it seems you might be stretching yourself a little bit.Only you know for sure how many tables you can handle. I would stick to 4 for now until you can play more comfortable at 6 in the future. :cool:

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never understood people who play lots of tables simultaneously. I believe that we should concentrate on one game.

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, helps on not making rash decisions on hard tables while collecting on the softer ones. I think I will stay playing 4 for now until I can keep up with more. Adhd helps lol

If the tables you double your buy-in on are playing soft why would you leave them? It seems like that strategy would lead to you staying on your harder tables and leaving the softer ones....that would seem to be the opposite of what you would want to do.

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine paying 2 or more tables live

People would be running all over the place, as above I agree playing multiple tables is an advantage to your bankroll. You seen well informed on a lot of topics, how long have you been playing?

You have to play as many tables as you can to make good decisions. Keep in mind that fast and short tables play more intensively. Long - play slower and you can play them more. In fact, the ability to play several tables at the same time is an excellent advantage of online poker in comparison with a live game.

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree

As above I will take your advice, hopefully my bank roll rises. I've seen YouTube videos of people playing 12 tables at once. How many do you play?

I know 1-2 tables can be mind-numbing sometimes,but it seems you might be stretching yourself a little bit.Only you know for sure how many tables you can handle. I would stick to 4 for now until you can play more comfortable at 6 in the future. :cool:

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to find that balance of how many tables to play at one time.

It's the difference between quality of play or quantity. If you make more money playing more tables, keep adding tables until you reach that breaking point.

You can also lower your table volume and play higher stakes to make up for the lack of tables. You'll be able to concentrate more against tougher competition and make more money due to higher stakes with less volume.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

It sounds to me like he isn't properly bankrolled and is playing with scared money.

I know 1-2 tables can be mind-numbing sometimes,but it seems you might be stretching yourself a little bit. Only you know for sure how many tables you can handle. I would stick to 4 for now until you can play more comfortable at 6 in the future. :cool:

Scared money.

:top:

B

Berbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably too stressful because you're pushing your time bank limits!

:DIf this strategy works for you I wouldn't change it I would just adjust it. Instead of playing 6 tables try just playing 3 or 4. This way you won't lose you noodle trying to keep up. Good Luck:rolleyes:

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over one game at a time.

I usually begin to get dizzy if I play to many tables.

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all

I have found playing multiple tables helps me from getting bored and keeps me from chasing. 4 tables is good for now. Thank you ask for your responses

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably should start out with 2 and see how that works. And then once you are comfortable with that, start adding more tables until you get to a number you are satisfied with and profitable at

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is easier to play 6 tables generally if it is a 9 or 10 person table. It is tougher to play 6 tables if there are only 6 players at a table. I enjoy playing 4 tables, but will jump to 6 tables if the tourneys are there.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is profitable and not very tiring, then it makes sense to improve this skill

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you

Once again thank you for responses, the last few days I've been playing 3 to 4 tables at 6 to 10 persons per table. First or second has been a repetitive number for me. Even was able to increase buy in with equal results as the lower tables