bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I am sure that each of us has faced a situation where there are two pairs on the hands, and the enemy has a hidden set. I admit, I always lose in this case because I can not lay down such a hand. how do you deal with this situation? and can be you, too, always lose? tell us about it and maybe we can find the right answer and avoid mistakes. :confused:

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're going to lose money on hidden sets regardless, unless u hit a full house. But to lessen the damage, I'd say to be strong early and if they're calling u down or raising you have to have the disapline to fold or try to see a cheap river. The most common play with a set is a slow play, because it's so effective. Honestly your goal with two pair is to get the full house in the end because of how often sets, straights, and flushes hit the board. I'd say two pair is only good half the time tops, depending on board texture. Any disagreements welcome! :)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The loss of a hand in this situation is considered to be cooler (a situation without a way out). Do not worry about it and keep playing your A-game :)

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
perfect

This is the perfect answer

You're going to lose money on hidden sets regardless, unless u hit a full house. But to lessen the damage, I'd say to be strong early and if they're calling u down or raising you have to have the disapline to fold or try to see a cheap river. The most common play with a set is a slow play, because it's so effective. Honestly your goal with two pair is to get the full house in the end because of how often sets, straights, and flushes hit the board. I'd say two pair is only good half the time tops, depending on board texture. Any disagreements welcome! :)

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
set is the hand which difficult to understand but have always keep in mind

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is that I understand that my opponent has a set but if I have a pair and higher, I go to the end

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is difficult to understand if a player has a set against his 2 pairs, if on the flop there is a double card, then there are many likely chances that the players might have a set card somewhere and in such cases you need to play carefully, give less bets or in cases of strong aggression you need to make a serious decision or throw off your 2 pairs or play on them, I also started playing a lot when I started playing 2 pairs against sets, but then I understood all the situations and now I play carefully on the map 2 pairs, even if you match 2 pairs sama e large AK - AK - even such strong 2 pairs of cards can play cards on a set with other players, good luck playing carefully and make less mistakes in the game!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, the set is always a difficult to read combination, and in such situations even very good players often lose a lot !!! The first thing you need to pay attention to when determining possible sets for an opponent is the presence of small cards on the dry structure of the board. The more of them, the higher the likelihood that the player who suddenly began to show aggression, managed to get into a strong combination.
Another typical situation is when a blank card comes out on the next street, which doesn’t reinforce the opponent’s intended range, but your opponent suddenly starts an aggressive rally, playing a check / raise or re-raise of your bet.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reason sets are so profitable is due to the fact they are hard to see, and like someone wrote before, since they are slow playing them, its tougher to see as well.

Without having a read on your opponent that you can use to try to understand why they are playing the hand the way they are, you sometimes are just doomed to fail in this situation.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's possible to play a hand correctly and lose a stack there isnt much you can do about those spots.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often lose all in like this lol, I have a lot of trouble with stacked hands. Something I need to learn to be better at, recognising that people don't usually bluff their whole stack. Watching too many high rollers lol.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the opponent has a set, and if this set from small pocket pair that absolutely trouble, it is very difficult to recognize. But in your situation, do not worry about this loss, it was an ordinary cooler, you could not fold, this should be treated calmly, such situations in poker can be very much.

bablovod

bablovod

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
thank you all for your answers. I agree with all the opinions that have been voiced. slow and careful game is certainly a very necessary action, I know it. what if the opponent puts a double barrel on the turn and a triple on the river when you are in position? or does he respond push to your double barrel on the flop when he's in position? if you lose the hand, you never know what he had, if you answer, you can lose part of the stack or the entire stack.

bablovod

bablovod

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
there is one more question to which there is no answer. how do you deal with this problem? reset without checking or will continue until the autopsy? recall that the Board is unpaired.