Trips v Full

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I had quite an uncommon occurrence happen to me twice today in the lower stakes. I didnt save the hand history cause I was quite astonished and a bit stunned the two times it happened. However, do know that both times I was all in by the river. And the second time I knew exactly what beat me but i still couldnt fold. The situation is a s follows...

If hero flops trips and the villain flops a full house and you know the only thing that beats you by the river is a full house, would you fold to an all in?

Or is flopping a full house such an uncommon event you probably wouldnt fold. Oh yeh and first time I had an Ace kicker and the second time a King.

Thanks people

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Trips is actually a pretty weak holding and the paired board means that the villain having a full house is always possible. You have to be much more cautious with trips than with a set even though both are 3-of-a-kind. If you have Ax and the board has two Aces, this is much weaker than having AA with one Ace on the board and you are less likely to have the nuts with trips than you are with a set.

Whether I would fold or not heavily depends on any reads I have on the villain. In the case of a cautious nit who is suddenly willing to put their whole stack in the middle: they're telling you what they have and it's most likely going to be the nuts. Against maniacs, I'm probably going to get it in with trips.