Trips with flush draw

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like almost every time I hit trips on the flop, there is a flush draw. And quite often three of the same suit on the turn. Anyone else noticing a similar pattern? I haven't figured the odds of having a two toned flop, so maybe that is just higher than I think it should be.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like almost every time I hit trips on the flop, there is a flush draw. And quite often three of the same suit on the turn. Anyone else noticing a similar pattern? I haven't figured the odds of having a two toned flop, so maybe that is just higher than I think it should be.

Hello friend, and so are the odds on the game, not now my past me, but I want to know in which room you happened. Greetings.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, and so are the odds on the game, not now my past me, but I want to know in which room you happened. Greetings.
It doesn't seem to matter what room, just seems to be a situation that I find myself in frequently.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my case every time I get trips I get that rainbow flop.. Yep I'm sitting there half pot betting.. sometimes check raising.. always raising that pot up.. show me the money!! the turn comes.. still good.. betting betting.. they call and I laugh.. with my inside voice so nobody hears.. plus I'm singing.. life is good..

(Zip-a-dee-doo-dah)
(Zip-a-dee-ay)
(My oh my)
(What a wonderful day)

The river hits and can't wait to slap that all in button! They call and...

Damn... I didn't see that straight draw...

Back to the grindstone..

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think it’s more about what you think you get, kinda of vibes.

Even if there are 3 of a color doesn’t always mean someone has the flush.

:):) Wish for a FH card next time and you will hit FH with the same flush card:D.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop all of 1 suit about 5 %, two suited cards 55 %, none suited 45 %. Since the board flops two suited 55 % of the time I think that answers your question.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I noticed that in most cases in online poker almost 90% passes some street or flash, almost always< since offline this is rarely seen, in most cases in Online poker closes some Street, and Flash, it's strange!

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flopped 3 sets last night and this bappened one time :) also ran out a bigger boat against someone who flopped a set of queens... i had AK.. flopped an ace and then runner runner thank you very much... sets are very vulnerable in my experiece.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you end up having this impression because it has not volumado if you play 30 to 60 tournaments days .. will not have this thought more this can guarantee you.

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When this happens, you have to alter your play a little bit. You have to ensure that your play makes it marginally unprofitable for your opponents while keeping it tempting for them. But you can’t get in the habit of trying to bet people off of draws, because you will lose tons of value in the long run. Remember: while they have 8 or 9 outs to hit their flush, you still have 7 to make a boat (including maybe one of their flush cards), and your hand will always have more to hit after the turn.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop all of 1 suit about 5 %, two suited cards 55 %, none suited 45 %. Since the board flops two suited 55 % of the time I think that answers your question.
I was thinking that might be the case, thank you for posting those percentages.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When this happens, you have to alter your play a little bit. You have to ensure that your play makes it marginally unprofitable for your opponents while keeping it tempting for them. But you can’t get in the habit of trying to bet people off of draws, because you will lose tons of value in the long run. Remember: while they have 8 or 9 outs to hit their flush, you still have 7 to make a boat (including maybe one of their flush cards), and your hand will always have more to hit after the turn.
Very true, plus at the stakes I play, good chance someone calls anyway and gets lucky. Certainly a hand I like to have, but also much harder to fold, so easy to get stacked.

Full Flush Poker