Tournament All-in

pietpeter198

pietpeter198

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear members,

I started playing tournaments and I have a question about going all-inn in the first levels. Sometimes it happens I get AA, AK or KK

A lot of players going all-inn in the first rounds, should I go all in with hole cards as written above or should I fold? Can you also explain why you do it?

Best wishes,
Pietrino

C

capt_hook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the first round all in go means to excrete whatever the risk.

But if you win, you can get much chips

but the risoko stays

Greetings from high seas
capt_hook

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing the micro's you will get a lot of All in's in the early rounds people like to double up or bust early..Generally tight is right in early stages so unless you have Ace's keep out of the way until the game settles down. You will have plenty of opportunity's later to double up.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the position , Most of the time I will go all in with AA or QQ kk but as we all know youre not guranteed to win 100%. I've seen it manytimes and it happens to me , weak hands crack these premium hands easily especially if all goes allin, also players tend to go all in frequently in micros/freeroll at the beginning when there's a rebuy option. Keep in mind all these strategies changes on diff tournaments, you won't find a lot of players going all in on a deep stack tourney.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear members,

I started playing tournaments and I have a question about going all-inn in the first levels. Sometimes it happens I get AA, AK or KK

A lot of players going all-inn in the first rounds, should I go all in with hole cards as written above or should I fold? Can you also explain why you do it?

Best wishes,
Pietrino

Definitely get it in with AA, KK and AK in the early stages of a micro MTT.

You need to play tight in the early stages but definitely get it in with the mentioned hands as people will be shoving a lot worse and you need to build a stack to make it to the prizes.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight in early stages is standard....your only shoving a limited range of hands and that's if your facing a 3bet or maybe just a large raise....AA and KK are hard you get it in with...QQ is a toss up...might even flat AK very early because u don't wanna be flipping that early!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA and KK certainly. If deep stacked, not likely open-shoving AK as I'm typically not looking forward to flipping when stacks are very deep unless maybe it's a small, inconsequential tournament. And yes, theoretically the stakes shouldn't matter when it comes to poker decisions, but they inevitably do -- if I had just traveled 1000 miles and paid $10K to enter the WSOPME and get dealt AK in the first hand, I'm not flipping for my whole tournament there. There are some people who would considering folding AA in that spot (not that I would). One of the poker journals interviewed several pro players awhile back asking if they were dealt AA in the first hand of the ME would they avoid calling a shove preflop. I don't know that any said "no" but several said it would be a gut-wrenching decision, which I could understand.

Now when mid-stacked I'm probably open shoving AK and if getting short my shoving range is far wider than that of course.

Of course this all assumes a standard MTT. Satellites or DONs near the bubble demand a much different strategy that depends largely on stack sizes, so sometimes it would be even correct there to fold AA/KK pre.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time I would consider folding AA (and even them I may not fold) is when 5 or more players are All in preflop. This is mainly due to the fact that having more players reduced the percentage AA will hold up.

J

justanumbernow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA im calling all in pre first hand..anyother prob not for fear off theAA

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i´ve got aces or kings and somebody shove before me i pay, no matter what, but if not i just play them making a standard raise or reraise if somebody raises before,

now the risk is much higher if there is more than one guy going allin because more chances for sets or straights or flushes or two pairs, and ultimately if more than three players shove i just fold without hesitation, maybe is a big pot, but the chances to leave the tourney early are more than 50%, so in this case i just wait for a better spot

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear members,

Best wishes,
Pietrino

You have to go with it and hope they hold up; otherwise you won't respect yourself.

pietpeter198

pietpeter198

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodmorning members,

Thanks for all of your advise! I`m going to analyse the winning and losing hands to see how many times I win and how many times I lose. On the other side of the story, I have seen some basic video`s which explains it`s not a great idea to move all inn with AA or KK. They advise me to wait till I have the best chance to win the hand.

I`ll try to go all-inn on freerolls, anyway thanks again for helping me!

Regards,
Pietrino

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They advise you to fold AA preflop if someone shoves before you? Wth. Or are they advising raising instead shoving if you are the first to act?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the other side of the story, I have seen some basic video`s which explains it`s not a great idea to move all inn with AA or KK. They advise me to wait till I have the best chance to win the hand.
Preflop? I would love to see what video(s) are promoting not getting AIPF with AA/KK that aren't discussing specific satty/DON strategy. Maybe facing multiple shoves in certain scenarios, but even in a multi-way pot where AA loses some equity, it's still going to be ahead (or at worst, tied) with every other hand preflop so it's never "wrong" to get it in there.

Now if they're advising you against getting all in post-flop based on board texture and action, then that would be legitimate advice. AA/KK unimproved is still just 1-pair so when the action and board are screaming that you're beat, unless you have a good read and massive fold equity to turn your hand into a bluff or a bluffcatcher, you need to be able to fold or at least control the pot size.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear members,

Best wishes,
Pietrino

you can easily fold ak, if there are 2 or more players all in, because the chances that you are ahead having at least 50% of chances of winning the hand are very slim, and if you call you would be possible be having a 35 or 40% of winning the hand, making your call unprofitable over the long run. However i would risk all my chips with aces or kings because those hands are the best preflop hands, and unless there are at least 3 or 4 players going all in its not worth it folding these monsters preflop hands.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't afraid to play with AA or KK any time, because anyway you have good chance vs 1 opp

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to evaluate the situation if there is some stupid player ho play with 88 all-in than cant go all with AA AK KK but always its risky....

T

TheNoobie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. What a question. You can get beaten up early by ANYTHING. I mean since it is freeroll people are risking nothing, so they prefer doubling up early than playing it slow. If you need the money you need to play tight. You will get called with Ax almost every time. You need to just sit back and wait till the donks get out of the tournament, or till you get a real hand. Other rule - dont try to bluff them. Chances are youre going to play against someone who doesnt even know the rules, but is luckier than you are. Play just the strong hands and fold the rest. You can follow that strategy, I cant guarantee you however that you will reach the final table. Anyone sitting at it has taken a few chances win or lose to get there. So you need to get lucky when the time is right and hit some absurd hands. Thats it. You need 20% discipline, 30-40% luck ( Too many donks, you cant just beat them with skills, since they go all-in all the time. When you make the call theres nothing you can do to improve your chances of winning ), and the rest is your poker skills. You need to be patient.

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will call wit AA only in the first few levels.

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL INNS

Did some one say they would fold AA with a couple of all ins before them .I don't care if the whole table goes all in .IF have KK I'm all in too,If I'm in a freeroll I call with AK too if your going to bust out better to get out in the beginning there's always another one around the corner.When you have premium hands you have to play them you can't win by folding every hand.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did some one say they would fold AA with a couple of all ins before them .I don't care if the whole table goes all in .IF have KK I'm all in too,If I'm in a freeroll I call with AK too if your going to bust out better to get out in the beginning there's always another one around the corner.When you have premium hands you have to play them you can't win by folding every hand.

Yea i would defo go fold AA if 4-5 guys go allin before me,with aces you have top pair and thats it... And you will usually see someone making 2pairs,str8 or flush...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you who folds AA preflop have hand history to share where you actually did it? I would never ever ever fold AA preflop even that whole table is allin before me, it is just a pair, it is does losses equity when there is more people involved, but it is still huge favorite preflop long term you will win more with them, so what if it is bubble, it is better one big cash that 10 min cashes, the only reasonable answer that i ever read about folding AA pre was if it was at the bubble of don or bubble of ticket satellite...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ Pretty much this. Even in a 9-handed AIPF with every playing having a pp from 66 to AA, AA is still a far and away favorite (24.3%) against any other single hand, with KK having 17.8% equity down to 66 having 6% equity.

I think where some people get the idea it's good to fold 5+ handed is the fact that after 4-handed, AA is no longer >50%, i.e. all the other hands combined have >50% equity, so AA is more likely to lose to any ONE of those hands than to win. However they're forgetting that EV decisions aren't made in a vacuum strictly on >50% equity, they're made on long-term EV.

In a 9-handed AIPF with 66-AA, we're still a 3:1 favorite to win 8:1 chips/money. That's a +EV decision all day long, even considering the differences between cash game equity and tournament equity.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you who folds AA preflop have hand history to share where you actually did it? I would never ever ever fold AA preflop even that whole table is allin before me, it is just a pair, it is does losses equity when there is more people involved, but it is still huge favorite preflop long term you will win more with them, so what if it is bubble, it is better one big cash that 10 min cashes, the only reasonable answer that i ever read about folding AA pre was if it was at the bubble of don or bubble of ticket satellite...

Lets say you play wsop,ept,sunday storm or some big entry tourney and first hand you get AA in BB, 9 players go allin (not very possible but lets say that happens) you still would gamble with AA and risk whole tourney in first hand?

Do a simple test with cards deck,deal 5 cards on flop,deal to yourself AA than deal restnof deck on 8 positions,and check how many times aces are best hand

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk