Top pair or Over pair vs flush project

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I have a doubt. It has happened to me many times that I have a premium hand, such as AA or KK and on the flop there are two or three cards of the same color. In those cases I usually bet half the pot or 3/4 in case my opponent had a project, but it almost never happens and they fold. I always think that with that bet I prevent myself from getting a better value from my cards. Obviously depends on the opponent, but would it be better to play less aggressive those hands to get more value?

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longer they sit around, the more likely they are to catch. Also, depends on how many in the hand. Lesser players won't fold a flush draw if you go all in, so a large bet out of the gate is not a bad idea.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello! I have a doubt. It has happened to me many times that I have a premium hand, such as AA or KK and on the flop there are two or three cards of the same color. In those cases I usually bet half the pot or 3/4 in case my opponent had a project, but it almost never happens and they fold. I always think that with that bet I prevent myself from getting a better value from my cards. Obviously depends on the opponent, but would it be better to play less aggressive those hands to get more value?

you know, if in the flop is just low suited cards like 5♦ 10♦ 8♣, you can bet a bit lower, but if in the flop is 9♠Q♠8♣ you're right to be high because the opponent can have 10♠J♠ or some low straights like 6♣7♣
of course these types of hands will not play if you open raise big in pre flop.
all depends to you preflop strategy with these hands A♣A♦
or K♦K♠

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play aggressively top pairs, because often it turned out when I played a slow game, often lost

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only all in without discussion.:cool:

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no no no, this is the correct way to play !!!
3 bet 3 bet !!!

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello

I play toppair/overpair the same way you do m8 !

Raise/3bet/4bet (only AA,KK & QQ) preflop , and continuation of about 2/3 of pot . Don't think you're getting less value cause you choose to play aggressively , its much better play on long run then to check , he hits his 3 outs , you lose (are busted) and are mad cause you played it badly ! - maybe its just me idk
Honestly , I rarely fold when I have top pair or overpair in pots where I raised/3bet/4bet , so I'm not gonna slowplay them either , or I'm not gonna play poker till I get better LOL (books , vids etc.)

its better to extract little preflop value , then play badly and losing your stack , specially on tourneys ! ;)

hope my perspective helped you in anyway and gl at the tables m8

Full Flush Poker