Tips on playing my 8.50 bankroll

E

erkla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would love to get everybody's input on the best way to spend my money right now it's only $8.50 I know but how would you guys play it I mostly play on ACR and I was thinking about saving up for some of these bigger series that come up what do you guys think? Thanks

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would love to get everybody's input on the best way to spend my money right now it's only $8.50 I know but how would you guys play it I mostly play on ACR and I was thinking about saving up for some of these bigger series that come up what do you guys think? Thanks

First of all, don't play with such a tiny roll for the following reasons.

1) What happens, Is the when people play "Under pressure" they're not playing "Their best" as they're worried about "Losing this hand, or that hand" and thus "affecting the tiny roll that they have", which than will lead them to "Tilt and/or play higher limits that they normally wouldn't thus (I.E) chasing the losses.

So my best advice would be "Not to play", that's just me.

2) Another reason that I would be suggesting not to play Is, simply because at ACR they hold CC free-rolls 2 times a week, so by posting on here, before you know It, you'll be able to enter these games and grow your roll up quicker after a-couple of wins In the CC MTTs:).

Now I'd like to ask, what type of games are you Into? MTTs/STTs/Cash/Hyper/6max/full ring/Turbos? Exactly what do you like?

My suggestion would be don't use your BR until you reach a min of $75+ depending on exactly what you're Into

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you, need to improve your bankroll, because this too short the variance will catch you playing with so little .. even if it is buy-in of 0.25. Review this, my friend. good luck..

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice to you is to play cautiously on small tournaments or on small bets in cash games, but it's better to play tournaments for knocking out KO's are good tournaments to get money right away and raise your bankroll

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should use your $8.50 bankroll to play in small mtt

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a BR of $8.50, I will would play:

.11 $100 GTD MTTs
Cardschat $100 GTD Freeroll

With the .11 MTTs, you have 77 buy-ins, which is enough for decent BRM. At microstakes, I think 50-100 buy-ins is decent. Most of the time, 1st pays between $15-$20+, which is a huge return for a .11 buy-in and will be a huge boost to the BR.

You don't have enough posts for the CC Freeroll but try to get into the club. It's a fun game and it's an easy way to boost your BR if you run well.

Just stick with these games for now and build your BR to $75+ and move onto the Manic Mondays .55 $500 and .55 $1000 GTD MTTs as well as other .55 GTD MTTs that happen throughout the week.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

.11 $100 GTD MTTs

With the .11 MTTs, you have 77 buy-ins, which is enough for decent BRM. At microstakes, I think 50-100 buy-ins is decent. Most of the time, 1st pays between $15-$20+, which is a huge return for a .11 buy-in and will be a huge boost to the BR.

You don't have enough posts for the CC Freeroll but try to get into the club. It's a fun game and it's an easy way to boost your BR if you run well.

Just stick with these games for now and build your BR to $75+ and move onto the Manic Mondays .55 $500 and .55 $1000 GTD MTTs as well as other .55 GTD MTTs that happen throughout the week.

Well stated

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be better for your bankroll if you still play on freerolls and increase it to at least $ 50. Then you can try your hand at cash or tournaments with buyin.

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play intro the micro buy-in tournaments ... maybe you will have luck and double your bank :D

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just play micros and not more than 10% of br for one event and everything will be good!gl

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

.11 $100 GTD MTTs

Very good advice

A

Acunaaldje

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1) What happens, Is the when people play "Under pressure" they're not playing "Their best" as they're worried about "Losing this hand, or that hand" and thus "affecting the tiny roll that they have", which than will lead them to "Tilt and/or play higher limits that they normally wouldn't thus (I.E) chasing the losses.

2) Another reason that I would be suggesting not to play Is, simply because at ACR they hold CC free-rolls 2 times a week, so by posting on here, before you know It, you'll be able to enter these games and grow your roll up quicker after a-couple of wins In the CC MTTs:).

Now I'd like to ask, what type of games are you Into? MTTs/STTs/Cash/Hyper/6max/full ring/Turbos? Exactly what do you like?

My suggestion would be don't use your BR until you reach a min of $75+ depending on exactly what you're Into
What's ACR?

Dzhukelov

Dzhukelov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that bankroll I play only sng 0.25 45 players. Max time 2.30 h... Try. With ABC poker system normally in the top 10.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would play all 0.25 45 & 90 players.
good luck

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0.10 - 0.25 Sit n Gos. Super micro level tournaments, below 0.50 buy-in.

Or simply be a member of CC freeroll club :) They will back you up with some $ each month so you can afford a little larger buy- ins !

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freerolls and sng's are your best bet imo. Like others have said, even if you're buying in for $1 you're probably not gonna play your best game just from the pressure of not wanting to bust. I personally hate brm, but if you have an 8.50 br and no intentions of reloading if you bust then I would definitely stick to fr's and super micros.

M

meancheetah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play micro stakes tournaments or play 1-up's to get some easy money.

C

clayvision

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

10/10 i agree wholeheartedly

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are a lot of good answers here. Of course you will continue with freerolls and micro tourneys unless you deposit more money, that is all you can do.... Unless you go to the cash table PLO and shove all in. Most of those donks double up......LOL

T

TheBull953

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and SNGs (sit n go) if you want to play it safe. With $0.11 buy-in you would have nearly 80 buy ins.

Maybe use freerolls earnings to take shots in paid tourneys.

T

tysfm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Other than what other posters have said, I would only play freerolls and uae your bankroll for rebuys and addons.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Tips