Tight style

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you follow only a tight style of play ?
Does it bring results ?
Why choose him ?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight play will absolutely win in soft, low-stakes games where most of your opponents are playing loose.

In tougher games, it helps to be loose (at least in certain spots) to remain unpredictable. If you're very tight, you'll also need to modify this for short-handed play. By the time you get to 3-handed and heads-up in particular, loose-aggressive play is definitely the way to go.

If you're in soft full ring games, continue playing tight, but you may want to look at a few ways to open up your game such as raising wider in late position.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a tight player, but you have to mix it up once in a while to not always be predictable to others at the table.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always mix it , you cannot play too tight for long time, switch is the better of strategy.
Your opponent cannot know what you got.
If you are in FT, for me you have to play agresive.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments , I prefer the loose-aggressive strategy. In standard tournaments and cash games I try to stick to a tight-aggressive style.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight-Agressive style

in the beginning it better to play a bit more tight. The tournament is going to play for at least a few hours so there is no need to bust on your third hand cause you got into a big pot with A pair of Aces but lost to a two pair.

Once you you into the money it’s time to get a bit more aggressive as your best shot of winning is going to the FT with a large stack.

However you do need to mix it up throughout the tournament so you don’t become predictable. Tight players will get recognized for those who pay attention so once you starting calling or betting they know you’re hand will probably beat there’s and they won’t play you as much.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love playing against tight players. i start tight and loosen up as i win.