Tie breaker question

R

Rpp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum I have a small question to ask, so if two players make identical two pairs a third card may be used as a kicker right? if they both made the pairs on the board i guess that would be a tie since the other cards are shared between the players. but if one or two players holds a card that constitutes a pair and the boards is paired they can use their second card as a kicker right? So why is this a tie exactly?

For some reason i cannot post images, so here is a link : https://imgur.com/PKyBWpz

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 cards are played in poker. You split the bank because KK22J. 8 and 9 don't play.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean the card is a kicker if it is greater than the largest card of the commons if it is smaller can be draw if player A has J-7 and player B has J-2 and on the table are J-8-8-QK on boat is dealt to the opponent if the table was JKK-3-4 would win player A for the kicker
:icon_rr:

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player A K9
Player B K8
Board K224J
In holdem you make the best 5 card hand out 7 cards. You both had a 2 pair K's and 2's the J would be the fifth card in both hands making it a tie.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to CC , the one who will win the hand is the one with the higher kicker. ( I have A9 u have AJ -A8Q32- u will win. Because there is a place for your J high card . But if the board is -AQQK2- it s a tie, there is no place for your J , because K high card.

R

Rpp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh i get it know, sorry im fairly new to poker, thanks everyone for the fast and precise replies :)

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
welcome to poker and cardschat....gl at the tables my friend

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum I have a small question to ask, so if two players make identical two pairs a third card may be used as a kicker right? if they both made the pairs on the board i guess that would be a tie since the other cards are shared between the players. but if one or two players holds a card that constitutes a pair and the boards is paired they can use their second card as a kicker right? So why is this a tie exactly?

For some reason i cannot post images, so here is a link : https://imgur.com/PKyBWpz

Its a tie because the rule is best five card hand including the board itself so even though 9 is higher than 8, the jack on the board is higher than both the 9 and 8 therefore the hand is kings and twos with jack kicker.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the forum friend, success!
I see that has already been answered :)

glglgl

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
5 highest of seven cards always.

Welcome to CC.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to the rule of five cards, the winner is determined when there is a square on the table. Who has the highest card and will take the bank. With the same divide.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is tie because both of you and your opponent have the weaker kicker than this on the board so because of that J is the kicker for both of you and that is why is a tie.In texas holdem poker you don't just watch to pair any card you also must pay attention to your second card in hand.There is great poker rule:Your hand tend to be stronger if you use both in your hand then just one.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to cc hope you enjoy it

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat, hope you have fun at the tables.

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your 9 doesnt count anymore since the J on the table ishigher and will be the fifth card completing the two pair so its a tie