Thoughts on My New Bankroll Strategy

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was messing around on 888 last night, just looking at all the games they offered, and I had this crazy idea hit me. 888 has 1c step tournaments which are pretty easy to beat, just get a stack of 8000 to 10,000 chips and sit out...boom 10c step 2 ticket. But instead of playing step 2, you can use it for 10 handed SnG turbo tournament. If you play tight you can easily make 1st with a prize of a whopping 40c lol. With this you can play 40c double or nothing for wins of 71c (really 31c because the buy in was 40c). The DoN is easy also just play tight and stay above the blinds, everyone else will kill each other. Playing 10 games this way will bring you around $4, have to count for the buy in. So are we went from 1c to $4 with no real stress involved. This is as far as I've gotten today, had to work. When I reach $5 I'm going to play $1 DoN SnGs. I know its a slow grind and I COULD just risk it on the 1c/2c tables, but this works for me better. So tell me what you think.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that your plan is not bad and you need to try it.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far so good.
It is a strategy to build a bankroll from scratch.
If the $1 DoNs don't work you can always use the earlier stages to start again and find something else to play with the developing bankroll.

Thania Vento

Thania Vento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first I will start to play micro limits and then I will increase the limit and build a solid bankroll

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL Marty up.

This isn't a bankroll strategy FWIW, this is justifying gambling. But by all means, do it if it floats your boat.

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't really see it that way, just trying to find the easiest way to build up a little bank on 888 then move it to PS. I'm at $7 now so when I get to $20 I'm going back to PS.

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But keep in mind I made it this far with only $0.01 plus I'm still learning so a $500+ bank is still a ways to go for me.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right... put it this way:

Compare your method with a more standard approach, where you just continue grinding the very lowest stakes until you've got a big enough bankroll to justify moving up in stakes using conventional BRM. And let's assume you're actually a winning player, because all of this is kind of a moot point if you're not.

With your method, a small percentage of the time you'll grow your bankroll MUCH faster than you would using the conventional approach. But the vast majority of the time, you'll get busted back down to the start again.

With the conventional approach your progress will be much slower, but you'll also go busto FAR less often.

Do what works for you I guess.

T

Tjwildman13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you seen, I believe it was Chris ferguson, show how to win money from nothing online? It's awesome.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah - pro tip, this wasn't the method Ferguson used :p

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better you play those 1cent satellites till you make 5$ ticket. Few times I had made from 1c to 5$ without rebuys. Then you can play some 5$ tourneys or sng's and make decent bankroll. But yeah your plan not bad aswell. GL!

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah - pro tip, this wasn't the method Ferguson used :p

made me LOL ty.

If I remember correctly Fergusson actually had a very slow start,
but got lucky binking a big cash in an out of BRM tournament.
Then used the winnings and skills wisely to build up steadily.

In case I didn't remember correctly anyones favorite search engine with 'ferguson challenge' should provide the whole story.
Or in the UK 'poker ferguson challenge' unless you are more interested in Manchester United's former manager's exploits.
Of course the original description has gone as it was a blog on the old fulltiltpoker site.

:):):):):)
Bit of a Kill Joy there aren't any progress updates on this thread.
:):):):):)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Man I think you are better off playing freerolls to build your bankroll as I see you getting ahead a few dollars and then crashing and buring and busting your bankroll in 1 night. Play as many freerolls as you can and when you score on a freeroll, don't touch it let it grow to $20 or more and then move it to stars.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im doing it the hard way, with playing alot of freerolls. That improved my skills on other game tables, just you have to change the strategy.

Good luck with your plan. :)

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you've cracked it

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bankroll is so small there is literally no bankroll management :) If I am not wrong those DoNs and step sngs are super turbos, that means massive variance even against terrible players. Its just about being lucky or not. To win couple of SNGs in a row, or lose them.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management