For those familiar with Poker Fighter

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been using Poker fighter since I'm a total beginner but some of the things confuse me. I couldn't find their own forums so I'm posting here. I've made two attachments to show the coach advice I didn't understand. One is to determine how well my hand connected with the board but it seems even though I have pocket aces, there is no other connection with the actual community cards. So not sure why it's medium strength.

The second one says I have 'forth pair' but not sure what that means. Fourth pair? Anyone know what this is?

I like it but not sure if everything it's teaching is correct.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.21.10.jpg
    屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.21.10.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.21.48.jpg
    屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.21.48.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 55
P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think they call it medium strenght(AA) because of the paired board and straight chances. SO your hand moved from strong hand to medium hand.

The forth pair i think they meen 22 is first pair, 33 second pair so 55 forth pair?
Correct me if im wrong

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think they call it medium strenght(AA) because of the paired board and straight chances. SO your hand moved from strong hand to medium hand.

Ok makes sense, thanks.

The forth pair i think they meen 22 is first pair, 33 second pair so 55 forth pair?
Correct me if im wrong

Well you do appear to be wrong...if it's numerical then it should be 'fourth pair'. I guess it confused me since I wasn't aware of the rankings of pairs AND they spelt it wrong.

They seem to have quite a few errors though I'm noticing and I haven't even signed up yet. Like in the attached image...is that really a full house? It says 'made hand' full house..

Kind of annoying since the format of it seems good but I've noticed several errors so far so who knows how many errors I will come across if I see more than the few free lessons.

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.54.38.jpg
    屏幕快照 2019-02-15 下午4.54.38.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 45
T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok makes sense, thanks.

Well you do appear to be wrong...if it's numerical then it should be 'fourth pair'. I guess it confused me since I wasn't aware of the rankings of pairs AND they spelt it wrong.

They seem to have quite a few errors though I'm noticing and I haven't even signed up yet. Like in the attached image...is that really a full house? It says 'made hand' full house..

Kind of annoying since the format of it seems good but I've noticed several errors so far so who knows how many errors I will come across if I see more than the few free lessons.

Hi,

I've being practicing with Poker Fighter for quite a long time and I really improved my game using it. When I notice a typo or something like that, I just use their Send Feedback option in the menu, they are actually very responsive.

About your last question - what do you mean if KQ on KQK5 is a full house ? What is it other than a full house ? Hahahaha

And yeah, they refer to Strong hands as hands that you will go all-in with them, so AA on that board is a Medium hand. You can actually see in the feedback why this board is "problematic", i.e., pair on the board and a possible straight. Going all in there would definitely end up bad for us :)

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I've being practicing with Poker Fighter for quite a long time and I really improved my game using it. When I notice a typo or something like that, I just use their Send Feedback option in the menu, they are actually very responsive.

Ok, yeah there are many grammatical mistakes that go from annoying to actually not understanding what they're saying. Although the English isn't awful, you'd think for software that costs this much they'd get it proof read.

About your last question - what do you mean if KQ on KQK5 is a full house ? What is it other than a full house ? Hahahaha
Ok I'm dyslexic or something. Don't know why I saw this as two pair rather than full house but had no problem with the other full houses lol.

And yeah, they refer to Strong hands as hands that you will go all-in with them, so AA on that board is a Medium hand. You can actually see in the feedback why this board is "problematic", i.e., pair on the board and a possible straight. Going all in there would definitely end up bad for us :)
Ok that's good to hear. I guess it was a combination of things that made me even see errors where there weren't, it made me expect to see errors everywhere. But the spelling and grammar errors are definitely there though.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
attachment.php
fourth pair means hand is fourth best hand if each card above your pair hit/made. hand becomes weak, mucking works best.

attachment.php

In this one, you hand is a lock to win cause it is the absolute nuts.( AKA "made" hand )
at that point, it's about figuring out how to felt as many players as you can!

Last edited:
topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you like the poker fighter, was using it helpful?

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fourth pair means hand is fourth best hand if each card above your pair hit/made. hand becomes weak, mucking works best.

Yes I see that now, thanks. It was the spelling mistake and the fact I didn't know about pair rankings like 1st, 2nd, 3rd pair etc at the time.

In this one, you hand is a lock to win cause it is the absolute nuts.( AKA "made" hand )
at that point, it's about figuring out how to felt as many players as you can!

Ok I see.

Yes it certainly helps and the format of it is quite fun, like some kind of fighting game, not so serious as other training Apps. I know it's on the cheaper side compared with others, but I think they should still clean it up a bit.

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really liked it and it was helpful for me to beat up to 25NL. I'm looking for something for higher stakes now if someone heard about? Or do you think for higher limits I must use a real life coach ? Training videos don't work for me well...

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really liked it and it was helpful for me to beat up to 25NL. I'm looking for something for higher stakes now if someone heard about? Or do you think for higher limits I must use a real life coach ? Training videos don't work for me well...

That's really amazing. How long did you use it for to get to 25NL? Some people never even go past 2NL or 5NL so may be no need to go higher anyway.

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's really amazing. How long did you use it for to get to 25NL? Some people never even go past 2NL or 5NL so may be no need to go higher anyway.

I finished all the levels in a couple of months. But I played many levels numerous times. It always offer different scenarios, so I could practice many many different hands with it. Also, I used to warm up with it before real money sessions, specifically with the pre flop scenarios, so I could automatically know what are the right hole cards to play.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been using Poker fighter since I'm a total beginner but some of the things confuse me. I couldn't find their own forums so I'm posting here. I've made two attachments to show the coach advice I didn't understand. One is to determine how well my hand connected with the board but it seems even though I have pocket aces, there is no other connection with the actual community cards. So not sure why it's medium strength.

The second one says I have 'forth pair' but not sure what that means. Fourth pair? Anyone know what this is?

Thanks.

Thank you for sharing.

AA is fourth pair because they are talking about pairs held in someones hand.
1: 77 2:88 3:44 4:AA

Medium strength hand is based on thinking of your hand in sequence with the current nut hands.
77quads -88 full- 44 full -56 straight all the 7x combos then your AA as the best two pair hand.

Do you know how to estimate the number of 7x combos?
If not that would be a good study area for you.

Hope this helps

:):)

I

iRon Fist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks.

I've recently got into the free version of Poker Trainer as well, and they class any Top pair as medium on the Flop even if it's paired or wet.

Abstracted

Abstracted

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Sorry for resurecting an old thread, but Poker Fighter has been shut down. Anyone know of a good alternative that's similar?