Is there a way to win every game.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing cash i feel like you can always win if just focus and dont play scared. Tourneys/SNG on the other hand i used to believe that there is a way to win every game. In hindsight i notice there are key moments when your decision, had you chosen the opposite and the option did cross your mind, changed the outcome of your run. Say you didnt trust your gut when you were on the button and a 15Bigs stack shoved and you had every reason to call with a suited ace 8 but you didnt. Another opponent calls and they both have pocket pairs and you hit your ace on the flop and the shover wins the pot. then you get it all in with that same opponent later in the game and you have him with aces to his kings...only to have him hit the king and knock you out on the bubble. IDK What do you think do you see moments like that? Do you think we can truely win every game?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Short answer is No.

If you play long enough you will see that happen often, what you need to ask yourself is, Did I make the correct decision when I folded??

58os flops a straight on occasion, it happened to me about 12 hours ago, but I folded to two shoves in a Jackpot Spin on ACR, the right decision was to fold pre, in a later game I had 710os on my BB and I got to see the flop for nothing, flop was J98, loose clown who I get regular donations from called all the way to the river where I had him put his last few chips in with J6os for 1 pair.

:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing cash i feel like you can always win if just focus and dont play scared.

I've played quite a few hands of cash games & I have losing sessions often & it wasn't from playing 'scared'. Sometimes I'll have a few consecutive losing sessions... other times it feels like I cannot lose (ie. during Christmas Holidays... I actually thought I was getting good there for awhile... 2021 has shown me otherwise :( )
What if everyone on the table was focusing and not playing scared? Surely there needs to be some who are losing? And which ones are covering the rake?

A decent tourney player is ITM ~12-15%
A 9-man sng player is ITM ~38-40% (< I think... it's been a long time since I've played sng's)

T

TannyJW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would not be fun and interesting if it were that easy

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would not be fun and interesting if it were that easy
As this colleague says, it is not so easy, poker is decision making and the factor of being human beings will always play against us because at some point we will make mistakes

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you are describing is intuition played by a large number of hands played.
Play math if you want to be sure of the result. Or play by intuition and someday you will be lucky.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really simple no.

you will have bad runs lets say 5 days in a row you win 1000$
the next 5 days can also be only loses, you can be a winning poker player yes but you cant be a win every single thing poker player.

if that was a thing poker wouldnt be a thing,
if you really focus on the game and play it seriously you can become a winning player :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing cash i feel like you can always win if just focus and dont play scared. Tourneys/SNG on the other hand i used to believe that there is a way to win every game. In hindsight i notice there are key moments when your decision, had you chosen the opposite and the option did cross your mind, changed the outcome of your run. Say you didnt trust your gut when you were on the button and a 15Bigs stack shoved and you had every reason to call with a suited ace 8 but you didnt. Another opponent calls and they both have pocket pairs and you hit your ace on the flop and the shover wins the pot. then you get it all in with that same opponent later in the game and you have him with aces to his kings...only to have him hit the king and knock you out on the bubble. IDK What do you think do you see moments like that? Do you think we can truely win every game?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to win every hand and every tournament in poker! Even if you are the best player in the world! It's like winning a boxing match and not missing a beat!

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Never saw in my life that somebody wins every game. If somebody does I call him the God of Poker!

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never saw in my life that somebody wins every game. If somebody does I call him the God of Poker!
Once in a poker stars tournament, I played with one player to whom I lost in each hand. And the range of his hands was from 24 to AA, my junior street he closed the senior, etc. But I still believe that these are someone's bots and not gods)) In that game, until he was hooked up with me, I earned a lot of chips and lost everything to him. Even when I collected 5555 on the flop, he collected 8888 on the river. After this game, I hardly play poker stars.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
That is impossible ... there is no one who can win everything ... at some point is lost ... the question we must ask ourselves is how did we lose? did we make the right move? or did we make a mistake? those are the objective analyzes that will help us improve our game ...!

WestRuthlessUFC

WestRuthlessUFC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if You can see opponent cards. So, no.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Once in a Poker Stars tournament, I played with one player to whom I lost in each hand. And the range of his hands was from 24 to AA, my junior street he closed the senior, etc. But I still believe that these are someone's bots and not gods)) In that game, until he was hooked up with me, I earned a lot of chips and lost everything to him. Even when I collected 5555 on the flop, he collected 8888 on the river. After this game, I hardly play poker stars.
This happens sometimes. I saw that kind of players in freeroll too, they could win a lot of hands in the row but at the end loose everything, cause that manner of playing just ruin them. They are not exactly bots I just call them fish, lucky fish to be honest.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can. If there is a god or super strong AI you can. But poker is quite different from chess or go. So if it's really possible it means the game is boring. In the case like that it'll need some change to make the game 'gamble' 'gamble'

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in Mtt, you can not even get into prizes 20 times in a row, but 1 time you can win big and cover all previous failures. Do not get too hung up on losing if you did everything right.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no way anyone can win every time they play - whether it is cash games, sng's or tournaments. You can not predict the cards and make perfect decisions every time and you can not control the luck factor.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really but it can happen every now and then. I think the pro that wins all the time isnt lucky,he just practices alot more. The more you do something the better you will get at it. I play a diffrent strategy to playing sit n goes compared to tournaments. I would say good luck and good practising.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is not possible to win every game and I believe that few people can.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even the poker pro players can't win every game/tournament. Poker is not only skills, its also a lot of luck in my opinion.

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it isn‘t possible to win all games. You can increase the amount of games which you won.

It isn‘t possible because there is a small part also influenced by luck.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It impossible to win every tournament. There is no way you can avoid a bad run of cards or bad beat or just loosing a flip. It would also probably not be much fund if that were to happen. While winning cash is what we all want to do, we all started playing this game because it was fun and If you did win every time it would not be any fun to play after a while.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you can't win everything. In cash games your expected session win rate would probably be around 50%, and even if you are a ruthless crusher, it will never go beyond 70%.
In MTT's you probably wont cash in more than 20-25% of MTTs you play and the average person would be expected to cash about 12-17% of the time. This all means that the chances of being able to win an extremely high percentage (95%) of your games over a large sample is essentially impossible.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there is a way to win every game but only if you open a poker site it is the rake for the house wins just about every time long run it is a huge +EV for them but they do have costs though.
But even then some tournaments with big guarantees will lose for the house when they fail to get the required amount of players to cover the prizepool so the answer is a big no.:D
The only guaranteed way to 100% win something eventually and not lose anyway as a player playing poker is freerolls.

Last edited:
orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Do you think we can truely win every game?

No.

But I can tell you how not to loose any money playing tournaments. Only play the Cardschat Freerolls. When you do not win, they will always refund your entry fee in full. :D

Cardschat rocks.

Top 10 Games