Is there a noticeable difference between sites?

J

JR1987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't a query on rigged sites or anything like that. What I wonder is more about the style of player etc.

The reason I ask this is that I only really play on pokerstars these days and im up to about 30k hands..but im just not winning.. Although I was for my first 15k hands (but thats another thing)

Anyway, Ive been away from my from my computer for a week so I decided to open up my partypoker account on my phone and played a few sessions throughout the week (I chose PartyPoker rather than PokerStars because they don't allow HUDS and as I couldn't use one it levelled the playing field a bit)

But the interesting thing Ive found is, I didn't really have any losing sessions. I haven't had a winning session in probably 2 months that I can remember and I play every evening.

I found it easier to bully people off pots, to bluff air and wasn't pressured off my hands much. Imagine a table where that fish who is going in with everything and hitting every big hand to not actually be on the table (If you have a good enough imagination)

Anyway, Are some sites alot softer than others?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can only answer for the American sites but yes I think there is a difference between each site. You may never notice it or you may see it blatantly, just depends on what tables you get put into and how often you play. In my opinion ACR is the hardest American facing site and there is a decent drop off in player quality between ACR and the Chico sites (BetOnline and SportsBetting). Betonline just seems to have more soft players than ACR does. I am not sure how to quantify it in dollars as I do not play a ton of volume on either but from what I see, my opinion is Betonline is softer and the place you would want to play at more

*Important to note that there are restrictions and fees for withdrawing money on the Chico sites that do not exist at ACR. That should be taken into account because the withdraw fee on Chico I believe is 3% or $45... whichever is more.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually there is a huge difference between the sites. The people play very different. Not exactly "soft". In PS now the field is weak. Because the rakeback. But if we are talking about NL2, I don't think there is difference. Anywhere...

Party...I think the field is weaker than PS. But you can't use HUD and this is an edge. Using a HUD is very profitable. This is a "plus".

I can talk very "long" about this, I have played in many rooms. But my post already are too long. But some examples. The players from canada, USA are very weak. And very aggro...Also they are "rich". You can find weak field at NL25 very easy. Bet365, very weak players. Turkish rooms...I don't know about "the standard" of the country. But the turkish gamblers are rich and crazy. There is small trafic at lower levels and bigger at the high levels. I never saw that elsewhere.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually there is a huge difference between the sites. The people play very different. Not exactly "soft". In PS now the field is weak. Because the rakeback. But if we are talking about NL2, I don't think there is difference. Anywhere...

Party...I think the field is weaker than PS. But you can't use HUD and this is an edge. Using a HUD is very profitable. This is a "plus".

I can talk very "long" about this, I have played in many rooms. But my post already are too long. But some examples. The players from Canada, USA are very weak. And very aggro...Also they are "rich". You can find weak field at NL25 very easy. Bet365, very weak players. Turkish rooms...I don't know about "the standard" of the country. But the turkish gamblers are rich and crazy. There is small trafic at lower levels and bigger at the high levels. I never saw that elsewhere.
So, if Canadians and american are weak and rich, Turkish are rich and crazy which players are the most tough to play against?:)

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Field size and number of aggro players in micro level

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which players are the most tough to play against
Ukraine, Belarus, Russia.... brazil and all South, Central America. You know, at the micros are many bad players. But if you notice which players do the most crazy things, well, you will see the picture very fast.
For bet365...Most of them are not from the "rich countries". But most of them use to bet at sports events. And they play poker btw...They are very good regs there. At NL50+. But you know, they are not so aggro. They are there for the fish. U just play against the fish. As I said, many rooms, many fields. And ofc the same field in one poker network. Bet365 is from Ipoker, but the field is different. This is a different case.

I have so many hands and I saw only two players from Canada, which play good. One is from Bulgaria actually, I talked to him. The other is very good reg, a streamer. But only two...From thousands...

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every country have own style, I know this sound funny. But it is true. And similar styles for group of countries. Even, if you don't pay atention, you will learn this things. I talked with some players, experienced ones. We met and start to talk about the poker. And when you start to talk about some players from some country , we just talk about the same thing. No need for many words, only one-two words and the other guy "Yeah, yeah, this f*ckers". He know what I about to tell. The same observations and the same knowledge. And we just met each other. And it so funny to have the same thoughts with some "unknown". This is the truth, mate, the people are very different. Depends on their countries.

This is like the"field tendencies". You know, you do something at NL10, because of the field. If you don't have info. This is the same thing, but "more advanced".

Last edited: