Take advantage of near blind increases.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take advantage of blind level increases by betting as though the increase has already occurred. Let's say the current blinds are 50/100 and about to go up to 100/200. You want to raise 3BB, but the next hand or two will be double the blinds. So, why not bet as if they have already gone up and throw in a 600 bet (200 x 3BB) instead of a 300 bet (300 x 2BB). It makes your raise much more powerful and technically you'll be at these levels in a hand or two anyway. It may push people off hands where your standard bet would not.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for polarizing your range or generating more folds but I don't know if this is always a good plan. Think math-wise for a bit here. Statistics don't alter if the blind hit next hand or 10 hands from now: the math only calculates for this current hand and the current blinds. The math is the same at those blinds every time; by raising more, you are just voluntarily putting more chips into the pot. Is this a good thing or a bad thing is up for debate (merits for each argument and situation naturally plays a huge factor here). In general though, I am not sure this play is inherently sound on he sole premise that the blinds are about to increase.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't understand the theory behind your suggestion. All you are doing is forcing your opponents with weak or marginal hands to fold and your opponents with strong and monster hands to raise you a larger amount.

So essentially you're forcing the players with worse hands than yours to fold and better hands than yours to play a bigger pot with you.