TAG vs LAG

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am beginning to see why so many people like being a LAG on ACR. Seriously, they get the cards so many times it is almost hilarious.

Venting aside, what is the best way to plan bet sizing in a tournament? This is starting to be a headache for me. Now, I will say this, it is freeroll and micro I am playing. I have tried mixing it up and that is just not always helping. I see LAGs making huge bets with stupid cards and then being a river rat and winning. Am I just in the wrong stakes for trying to have sane betting?

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The LAG plays looser than the TAG and not quite as loose as the maniac. His He usually plays hands aggressively.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the cash tables, the blinds remain at the same level, while the tournament mandatory bets are constantly increasing. This means that the stack must increase, depending on the blinds, otherwise there is practically no chance of getting to the prizes. If a player's stack has not doubled while the blinds have doubled, his position among other players will noticeably deteriorate. The fewer bets remain in the stack, the less room for trading.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing each style can be interesting. Most TAG play the slow and steady game. Many time they go deeper than the lag and rarely go out early. A tag will be the chip leader one level and out the next. There stacks can bounce up and down drastically.

The thing is about the lag players is then need to be very strong players post flop as the hand are much weaker than the TAG.

As for bet sizes I think it goes both ways with both player types. I have seen tight players raising 5x or more preflop and Pot or more on every street. I have also see very aggressive LAG only 2x pre and 1/4 to 1/3 bet the flop turn and river.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use bet sizes to try to get the reaction im looking for.
IF I want a fold and Im Cbetting I will bet Pot or 3/4 pot. If i look at their hud stats they they don't fold to Cbets often then I don't bet.

If Im value betting and they fold to cbet really often I might float or make it 1/4 or min bet to appear weak.

tailor your bets to accomplish what you want.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need understand that teh buy in of tournaments make them easier or harder. freerolls and micro dont have many logic