Tactical Poker Lines

A

ATexasBean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know of a compilation of tactical poker lines for ring cash games? Or not specific lines even, but common plays (ie c-bet).

Thanks,
Bean

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what you're asking???

A

ATexasBean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First part of my question -- I keep seeing people talking about "common lines" of poker.. anyone have any examples?

The other part of my question was about common poker plays - for example the continuation bet. I assume there are other common tactical plays other than the c-bet.

One example of a poker line I'll sometimes use is this ..

In position, in a pot where i've hit a strong value hand on the flop, I'll do a small c-bet, if the villain calls, then on the turn I'll either check or call if he bets, hoping he will see this as weak and give me a strong river bet that I can re-raise. I usually use this against aggressive players that have been pushing me out of pots with a lot of re-raises or double barrels, etc.

not sure if that makes more sense??

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends... what stakes are you playing? are you playing in a Brick and mortar or online? Have you established reads on villain?

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really one of the most successful "lines" that you can take in a cash game is to simply raise preflop a lot and then bet the flop a lot. Check/fold most of the time if they are still around on the turn and you have nothing. Bet again or check/call if you have something. It seems like you are trying to over-think things a bit too much.

A

ATexasBean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies.. I probably am overthinking it. I'll share some stuff that I find later. Might be helpful for others starting along this line of (over)thinking.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really one of the most successful "lines" that you can take in a cash game is to simply raise preflop a lot and then bet the flop a lot. Check/fold most of the time if they are still around on the turn and you have nothing. Bet again or check/call if you have something. It seems like you are trying to over-think things a bit too much.
hey rain so when we do bet preflop and cbet on the flop do we bet pot most of the time or half pot? what makes us decide how much to bet? if we hit or not. or drawing. im thinkin were suppose to bet pot to play agressive but is it ok to bet half pot?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tactical line: bet flop, check turn, SHOVE RIVER WITH NUTZ that way they always think you're bluffing!

But seriously lines depend on the opponent and board texture, sometimes our hand

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey rain so when we do bet preflop and cbet on the flop do we bet pot most of the time or half pot? what makes us decide how much to bet? if we hit or not. or drawing. im thinkin were suppose to bet pot to play agressive but is it ok to bet half pot?

Against fish at any level I always advocate making your cbets on the larger side when you hit because they will not notice the difference if you bet small when you miss for instance. Against regulars or the vast array of semi-loose passive types who aren't great but not terrible either I would try and balance your bet sizings a little bit more. 60% everytime (no matter your hand) is a good number for instance. However at the lowest limits I don't balance anything as most people know. Because I assume (usually correctly) that nobody is paying any attention.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tactical line: bet flop, check turn, SHOVE RIVER WITH NUTZ that way they always think you're bluffing!

But seriously lines depend on the opponent and board texture, sometimes our hand

lol that is if you hit..i usually dont for some reason :p but i shove anyway