Table size?

jk123master

jk123master

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do u guys think about table size?Would you play differently or stick to the same game plan on diff sizes?
I seem to have more success on 6.
And I'm only new to poker should I stick to 6 or experiment?:p

Constructive criticism allowed: :girlshit:

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You always need to adapt to the number of players, which is dependent on the table size. If there are many players, you will need to play a lot tighter compared to when you are playing with few players. If you play exactly the same regardless of table size (or number of players to be more exact), then you will have a bad time.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crush the Heads Up tables first then move on to the multi-way pots on 6-max then do 9. Yea you need to recalibrate your play so 6-max raise the button with K9S or better everytime. I personally avoid 6 and 9 max.

jk123master

jk123master

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing heads up just seems like a gamble(Most time its a flip).
Wouldnt it better to stray away from them?

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course on a table where is only six players are much easier and more comfortable to play ... I agree, on a table where there are 9 players it is necessary to be more careful, the harder to play too many players enters with the connected cards and therefore caution must be at a high level ...:rolleyes:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play and experiment for 9 players, prize in the tournament for more than 9 people and try your hand, if you play SNG try
can you and 9 people will be a success, go higher where a little more players, do not always play at 6 you need to spend something better and where more prize money!

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play Texas holdem I prefer 6 people. If I play Omaha, I prefer max 3 people on table. about Texas 6, there is more chance to play poker with bigger range cards to play. You don't need to play just high cards..waiting for AK or bigger pairs. You can playing relaxing with all other cards. There is less chance that someone has it. With 9 ppl on table there is always minimum 4 people in game on flop.. and it's hard to win.. more bluffs I am guessing with more players. That's why I recommend 6 players.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are merits in playing full ring, 6 max, and hu. Think they all teach you different things. I think I would start with full ring, then move to 6 max, and finally to hu. You want to make sure you adjust your game to the number of players.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6-max cash games (and never play at 9 person tables), but for tourneys you're pretty much locked into the full ring size. So, unless you plan on playing cash exclusively, you'll need to gain experience with the bigger table size.

jk123master

jk123master

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play and experiment for 9 players, prize in the tournament for more than 9 people and try your hand, if you play SNG try
can you and 9 people will be a success, go higher where a little more players, do not always play at 6 you need to spend something better and where more prize money!

Wouldnt 9 players be more of a challenge because of the bigger prize pool or just more of a gamble ?? (Obviously depending on the stage of tournament and prize money(
I find that most of the time when I start a 9 max tournament with a starting stack of about 2500 - 5000, everyone seems to always jam preflop with marginal hands.
Is it because I play micro-stakes or people are looking for a early advantage/lead :confused:

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its easy to play for 9max table it is much more dificult to play on a 6max table,first conquer 6 max and then go on 9max.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you absolutely need to adjust your hand ranges etc. for tables with different numbers of players.
I find that most of the time when I start a 9 max tournament with a starting stack of about 2500 - 5000, everyone seems to always jam preflop with marginal hands.
Is it because I play micro-stakes
In one word? Yes, that's exactly why. That's not a thing normal people do in regular tournaments.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do u guys think about table size?Would you play differently or stick to the same game plan on diff sizes?
I seem to have more success on 6.
And I'm only new to poker should I stick to 6 or experiment?:p

Constructive criticism allowed: :girlshit:

It is difficult to talk about this, since I only play with 9 players at the table. Previously MTT had 10 players and there was no ante, then it was easier to play. But I gradually got involved and play on the basis of new rules.At the table for 6 or 4 players I play seldom. For 4 players I play in satellites to MTT and I get to pass to the main tournament. I think that it's not about the number of players at the table and other conditions, but in the player's skills.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have got to mix it up and you absolutely cannot be afraid of playing heads up, after all, the majority of you games (excluding cash games and FiftyFifty) will eventually make it to heads up play, and we're not playing to lose right? Placing in the money is nice but placing in 1st is the best.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table size matters, obviously (who came up with the idea "size does not matter", anyway? :D).

You adapt to table size, always. Personally I like 8 player tables the best. 6 tend to be a bit too loose in my opinion.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you are new to poker, then you need to try everything. You determine what size, which tournaments and so on you are better suited. I think this is a must for every newcomer.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should adjust your game based on the number of players at the table as you would for the types of people at the table. I still prefer to play a full ring game over a 6 max, but that is based on my style of play. Different styles would play better at 6 max then a full table.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at tables where 6 people maximum

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you analyze that the difference between 9 and 6 max-tables is not too great for a dense player, but for a weakly aggressive game it is huge

jk123master

jk123master

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
analyze turbos , hypers, kos...etc or just all game modes

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play the tournaments in tables of 6 players, in that kind of tables you see a lot of game quality

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love patience way of play,so i like 9max the most

G

GLovvorn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to adjust your playing style to the size of the table.Full Ring is by necessity a slower more conservative game than 6-max. The fewer players at the table the more aggressively you need to play beacuse the blinds come around much quicker.

As to what you should play I recommend playing where you are comfortable and mastering that game before you start experimenting to much. It is fine to play some variety to find YOUR GAME but once you find it stick with it.

Chito

Chito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max is by far my favorite but you never see it spread live because the rooms want to make max rake/table.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max is by far my favorite but you never see it spread live because the rooms want to make max rake/table.

But then it would spread like wildfire.... Because the pot size usually doesnt vary that much between 6max and 9max while there are usually more hands per hour on 6 seaters.....

I think it is because the smaller the table the looser the playstyle gets and in live poker more people play a solid game than online where You have a lot of recreational players and simply gamblers... So I think the majority of live players will prefer a full ring game as it fits their playstyle better...