freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
how do you better work the relationship between my table position and my bets. I can't make a difference between the positions I'm in.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The concept of position is one of the most important in poker and often overlooked by new players. The dealer button is the most advantageous position on the table because it means you will always be able to act last for the rest of the pot. The spot to the right of the button is the second-most powerful and so on, in descending anti-clockwise order around the table, until we get to the lowly small blind.

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The position in poker is the place you occupy at the table compared to the button. This notion is very important and is essential to learn not to take too much risk in poker.

The position is called under the gun (UTG) when it is located after the big blind. This position is a big disadvantage because we must then speak first after the distribution of the cards (pre-flop) after distribution of the flop, the first to speak is the player who is small blind. the button is the best position because you speak last after the flop. For other positions, the tactical situation deteriorates as the button moves to the left, to the small blind.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position on table is equal important to cards you got, so i suggest you to read somet articles on this subject.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is about making the best decisions. When you are last to act, you have more information than everyone else, there fore you should be able to make better (more accurate) decisions than everyone else.

When we evaluate starting hand ranges, the button almost universally has a wider range, and this is because when we have the most information, we have a wider selection of hands to choose from to make a profit.

However, the button advantage is not a passive advantage. If you merely play more hands, but play them passively, then you will not really be taking advantage of anything, in fact, you are just simply playing more losing hands. If you are going to play worse hands from the button, you really need to be more aggressive. Your hand is not automatically better because you are on the button, it is automatically better if you play it better using better decisions.

One persons opinion.Poker is about making the best decisions. When you are last to act, you have more information than everyone else, there fore you should be able to make better (more accurate) decisions than everyone else.
When we evaluate starting hand ranges, the button almost universally has a wider range, and this is because when we have the most information, we have a wider selection of hands to choose from to make a profit.

However, the button advantage is not a passive advantage. If you merely play more hands, but play them passively, then you will not really be taking advantage of anything, in fact, you are just simply playing more losing hands. If you are going to play worse hands from the button, you really need to be more aggressive. Your hand is not automatically better because you are on the button, it is automatically better if you play it better using better decisions.

One persons opinion.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
position to me is the most important aspect to poker as you get deeper in tournaments.... when starting out is not as important and that is when you should let your cards talk and walk when you can.... limping in when possible with stuff late you probably toss or should probably toss....

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you know any articles I can read better about this table position subject?