This is a discussion on Swings and Inspiration within the online poker forums, in the Learning Poker section; Has anyone here been able to master staying inspired to play Poker?
For example, I will find, I can set out for an ambitious goal, and
Has anyone here been able to master staying inspired to play Poker?
For example, I will find, I can set out for an ambitious goal, and achieve 75% of it very quickly, and then something will happen. I will lose focus or make a mistake, and I am no longer inspired to return to complete the other 25% of the goal, even though it should be easier on paper.
I get complacent, make a mistake, and then downswing.
25th November 2017, 3:49 PM
Online Poker at: PS
Game: play all
First check how correctly you set your goals, and also the timeline I think matters as well. I find myself pretty doing well with short term goals, but the long term ones are really tough to complete - a lot of patience and discipline is required, but I do not think not completing them is an argue to stop chasing them???
25th November 2017, 4:23 PM
Poker at: betonline
Maybe when you start to feel like you're getting like that make a few really easy short term goals to get a few easy wins under your belt. When making goals also try to set them so that some of the short term goals build into your long term goal so it's kinda like a stepping stone like process. Never give up though because just like a pendulum, every downswing has an upswing. Good luck!