Signing up for upswing?

Reading some books?

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you learn many things on youtube and read books, but it is with practice that you absorb the best knowledge.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely read books, but I often watch videos. I believe that poker practice is more important than theory. In order to improve my game and gain experience, I play in freerolls.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started by reading a book by Doyle Brunson. Then Roy Rounder and Phil Gordon. Plus, I downloaded an audio book by Nathan Williams on my smartphone, and I listen to it constantly. As well as game lessons from PS and lessons from Daniel. And of course, now there is a tutorial from CC.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like any other game, it begins with the study of the rules of the game, in this case, of course, with existing combinations of their variations and, of course, different types of application of techniques such as bluffing, position, odds and probabilities of outcome.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly by watching videos and analyze my game with programs like hm, flopzilla, gto+.
Plus I make a lot of notes. Worst thing you can do is watching a video like a movie. I pause videos all the time. And even 1 hour video can take me ~5 hours. It's better to 1 watch video and do it in proper way than watch 10 videos and forget next day what you watched.
Books are overrated and outdated. For me it's like waste of time. Poker changes everyear so learning from books can sometimes harm your game. Of course some things never changes like some math stuff but rest of basic informations you can easily find on internet. From books I can reccomend only mindset books like The Mental Game of Poker.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All of ty he above are good but experience is best

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normally i am always watching videos on youtube, streams and also think about the future of investing in some course

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friends taught me how to play. The first time I played with them offline. Then I started playing online.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How do you study poker?

Watching youtube video?

Signing up for upswing?

Reading some books?

No studying whatsoever is clearly the best way to "learn" :cool:

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Propably you have to read some books about strategy , and rules etc .But you can learn how to play only with practice. Also videos on youtube help .

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start right here at card chat with the 30-day poker course. It has a load of good information.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I learned to play poker on social networks using conditional chips (on my own mistakes) - this was my first experience playing poker !!! It was a very long time ago, and then there was practically no training video on the Internet !!!

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned reading a book, them watching videos online, but the important is to practice and the golden tip is to practice patience.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started learning poker from my cousin, who was playing regularly before 8 years ago. I did not understand anything, only watching what was going on the table. To become better and better, I have watched most of the seasons of the show ''High stakes poker'', which I adored a lot. Only one poker book I have read and that was from Daniel Negreanu - "Holdem techniques for every player".

I recognised that you learn the best from what you have watched and that is for everything the best advice for sure.

I

ibrdar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I read some books about strategy and rules etc but I like practice more. I played Zynga poker at very beginning

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you study poker?
I study using a variety of tools including: reading books, watching videos, reading CardsChat forums, membership to poker training sites, reviewing hands that I see on tv and also my own hands, poker simulation tools/games.. the list goes on and on!
Watching youtube video?
I do watch youtube but I am careful as there are a lot of videos that make claims they will help, but how do we know that they are actually good videos? I try to stick to watching the pros that I know have been succesful
Signing up for upswing?
Nope, never done UpSwing beyond the free membership. I do think that paid poker training sites can be good. Recommend looking at someone that works with CardsChat like Ryan Laplante and https://www.learnpropoker.com/
Reading some books?
YUP! I read a lot of books and articles. The first book I read was The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky. It is an OLD book, but I learned a lot from it. Now, I study more recent books.

Finally - you didn't ask about playing. PLAY. Play for free, you'll still learn a lot and become comfortable.

Only you can determine where you should start. We all learn differently. Good luck!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A beginner recommends a book of Phil Gordon.