Student of the game.

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently really re dedicated myself to studying poker. I have been listening to strategy books on audible, listening to podcasts on poker strategy, watching training videos on YouTube and trying to improve my game at the tables. I want to get better in the most efficient and effective way possible. What would you guys do to improve your game. I’m not a novice and I am a winning player but I want to get to the point where I can make a living playing poker. I believe that’s possible with hard work and study. I was just curious what you all thought the best approach was for improving. Thanks guys.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to me you're doing the right things..you might consider some coaching off a pro...they would probably point you in the right direction..good luck..

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to me you're doing the right things..you might consider some coaching off a pro...they would probably point you in the right direction..good luck..

Cool. Thanks. I was thinking about that, do you have any idea about what a pro would charge?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that you are doing everything right. I also try to study every day and improve my skills during the game.
Good luck.

W

wizardelite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious to hear what audible books you've listened to that you can recommend?

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious to hear what audible books you've listened to that you can recommend?
You have to listen How to be a poker player. The Philosophy of poker I am going lo reading and listening again.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes lot of free information available online if coach too expensive would recommend looking at twitch players online tonkaa Lex veldhuis Jeff gross long list here also know your odds inside out cardchat strategy articles very good learn them all so much more to mention but practice makes perfect play your game good luck.

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Sure. Unfolding Poker by James Sweeney, decide to play great poker by Annie Duke, The mental game of poker by Jared Tindler, and six books by Jonathan little, I love all of his audiobooks I’m just going to keep getting them. As well as his podcast. I felt like all those books were really good and they all have 4 1/2 star ratings on Amazon. I’ve listen to almost all of them twice. And a couple of them three times.

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes lot of free information available online if coach too expensive would recommend looking at twitch players online tonkaa Lex veldhuis Jeff gross long list here also know your odds inside out cardchat strategy articles very good learn them all so much more to mention but practice makes perfect play your game good luck.

Thank you. I’ll check out Twitch for sure.

W

wizardelite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure. Unfolding Poker by James Sweeney, decide to play great poker by Annie Duke, The mental game of poker by Jared Tindler, and six books by Jonathan little, I love all of his audiobooks I’m just going to keep getting them. As well as his podcast. I felt like all those books were really good and they all have 4 1/2 star ratings on Amazon. I’ve listen to almost all of them twice. And a couple of them three times.

Greatly appreciated, Thank You!

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently really re dedicated myself to studying poker. I have been listening to strategy books on audible, listening to podcasts on poker strategy, watching training videos on YouTube and trying to improve my game at the tables. I want to get better in the most efficient and effective way possible. What would you guys do to improve your game. I’m not a novice and I am a winning player but I want to get to the point where I can make a living playing poker. I believe that’s possible with hard work and study. I was just curious what you all thought the best approach was for improving. Thanks guys.

Welcome.
Unlike you consider yourself a winner, I consider myself a loser. Soon everything I say, logic screams to ignore. but if you contradict the logic and consider my post then I must proceed. Come on: Note is the key. Let's say everything you've learned in books, videos, etc. it is just theory, the practice is different. you should only play against the weak and how to know who are the weakest on a table? Note.

Pay attention only to targets, target examples the player always opens 22+ from utg this guy is a target for you to apply 3bet. because you can play the pre-flop at least against him. Then you will accumulate your observations and only act against them when you know the porches. the others play the strength of the hand until they accumulate more information against them. in short, never move without motives and without knowing why and how to act. Well, I could say other things, but maybe you use logic and do not give me credit, so I'm just wasting your time and mine this is if you read it clearly. I think I already fulfill my purpose. Good luck

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome.

Unlike you consider yourself a winner, I consider myself a loser. Soon everything I say, logic screams to ignore. but if you contradict the logic and consider my post then I must proceed. Come on: Note is the key. Let's say everything you've learned in books, videos, etc. it is just theory, the practice is different. you should only play against the weak and how to know who are the weakest on a table? Note.

Pay attention only to targets, target examples the player always opens 22+ from utg this guy is a target for you to apply 3bet. because you can play the pre-flop at least against him. Then you will accumulate your observations and only act against them when you know the porches. the others play the strength of the hand until they accumulate more information against them. in short, never move without motives and without knowing why and how to act. Well, I could say other things, but maybe you use logic and do not give me credit, so I'm just wasting your time and mine this is if you read it clearly. I think I already fulfill my purpose. Good luck

Thank you for your reply, I will consider what you said and try to isolate the weaker players as I do know that that’s where we win the majority of our money.

Top 10 Games