Strategy for playing suited connectors?

V

vergara03354

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon I would like to know what range of hands and how to play hands such as JTs yo
T9s
98-
and the appropriate strategy would be both pre-flop and post-flop

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like suited connectors. their good to play when there are lots of players involve on the table. more chances to bust somebody with over pairs and also fun to play and test the table with but i say dont get used to playing this cards to often because it becomes a habit and can cost you more loses just because you cant fold them when playing fewer hands on the table.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are good 2-3 betting, if UTG you can give a small raise, if after there was a small reraise you can call, in case of all, it is better to fold, but if you have AK or AQ, then you decide.on the post flop, look at the situation, if you have a flush straight draw, all-in, you have many outs. If the gutshot, you can raise by a little, in cases of large reraise, discard. It is better to play the connectors from a position, so you will have more information about the players. I hope I got a little help

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play it 1/3

V

vergara03354

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for your help, it helped me a lot

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no set rule. It really does vary hand to hand.

A general rule of thumb is I tend to play'em like small to medium PPs. I look to get to the flop with multiple players and make a make flop. You want more people in the hand when you flop big because it increases the chances of others having a good enough hand to call you.

If you flop a big hand, bet bet bet! For example, if you have 6s7s and the flop is 5c8c9d, you will wanna bet strong. You have the nuts but your hand is vulnerable to a flush. Do not slow play the flop and then go crazy on the turn and river even if the board pairs or a third club hits.

If you miss, then just fold any aggression.

If you flop like medium pair, bet if you act late and everyone chcks to you. Check call if you act early and then reevaluate on the turn. If someone bets and most villains call, then it's ok to fold a bottom or medium pair. It's best not to inflate the pot with a so so hand. Save your powder for another fight.

However, there are times when I will play them completely differently depending on what I am trying to do. For example, maybe I sense that villain has notes on me I will mix things up. Or maybe I am trying to create a table image to set up for a future payoff.

If you play different ppl everytime then it is ok to stick to a style, but if you have repeat opponents then you gotta mix things up.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this type of hands there are 2 ways to play the.
1. Look for spots the end the hand preflop: steals, 3bet vs people who fold alot vs it.
2. Look for deep spr so you can be able to play the postflop, chase draws, semi-bluff. If the spr is low it's like set-mining except you hit a really huge flop way less than you hit a set.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on in tourney I play these openly in the hopes for hitting a hand. Later on I play these more as a semibluff, and only in good positions

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main advantage - suited connectors are profitable to play in multipots.

The general strategy of drawing suited connectors pre-flop:
1) JTs, T9s - raise from any position;
2) 98s - raise from the middle position;
3) 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s - raise from the late positions.

Try not to go limp. If there are enough limpers, you can limp behind them. It's best to go into the game with suited connectors in late position. In this case, you will see the whole dynamics of the game.

If you don't hit the flop then fold. Playing suited connectors should strive to collect a straight, flush or combo-draw.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tournaments in the depth of 150bb + I open the connectors from any position, with them you can win a very good pot but we have to understand who our opponents are, will they pay us our little minus calls on the river when we call a flop? how well is our hand disguised? in general, the button is ideally like low limits for playing hands: 54s + A2s-A5s in the position we see activity before us and we can always easily throw out our hand if not hit the monster and before we started a strong trade! the main thing to remember when playing such hands is our main goal is to catch a monster!