Strategy for Opponent shoving any pair?

T

theimd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What strategy would you pick up vs an opponent that is shoving any pair?

and Which pair/or two cards would you pick to call his open shove?

C

crdalchemy93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How big is the shove in relation to the pot? Generally the more of an over bet it is the stronger of a hand you need to call.
Is he also shoving draws?
There are a lot of variables here that change what the correct play should be. If you are interested in how to figure these types of questions out I would recommend the theory of poker a great book by David Sklansky. If you need a quick answer then top pair should be a good place to start.

Good luck

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this cash or tournament play? How deep are the stacks, or is he or you playing short? Like crdalchemy93 stated, it all depends?
First off, I would suggest patience. Nothing says you have to be the Hero at the table, unless of course, your heads-up. So, again it depends.
I don't think you can have a standard answer to your question, because it always depends. I would be patient, pick my spot that I choose to be the best and call/re-shove, and live with the results. Learn from the results. Continue to grow as a poker player. Good luck!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I agree with the posts above it depends on the situation so hard to say what you should be calling with. Is this pre-flop or post flop. If you provide more details we will be able to give a more clear cut response.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These players need to only play strong cards. And to destroy it.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he shoves it preflop,call with aces in this case you know you are over him,if he shoves postflop call with straight draw or flush draw depends a lot,stack size,phase of tournament,how much you want to risk.