Strategy for Freerolls paying 10 of 600

P

Photuris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made only enough cashes in the ACR $10 freerolls that can be numbered with my two hands.

And this is after an enormous amount of tries.

Last night at 3am was an 8th for .55 which was the fist one in at least 30-40 tries.

Does anyone have any good strategies for these such as a hyper-aggro beginning style in order to explode to a 5x stack or bust and then bullying through until the end with well timed river shoves to polarize your missed draws and river-nutted hands?

Just curious, because I am putting in an enormous amount of effort and feel like I should be cashing much more often.

The QQ into AA has been hard as well as the AA into A10 and losing sucks as well.

I have learned that shoving anything or than AA preflop is quite vulnerable to Ace rag calls and actually doesn't completely dominate, but actually go down quite often.

It is better to see a flop and verify the Ace miss or Ace and King miss and entice a top pair top kicker to call your allin with the over pairs than preflop shove with large stacks late in the tourney from early position with a host of stacks ready to snap you off with an over pair to your over pair.

My biggest crushing bust was with 20 left, an 80K stack (3rd) and pocket 4s into a very small raise..

4JA board with 2 diamonds seemed very safe for a check raise shove (assuming the had the classic AK or AQ or maybe even AJ), only to be called by JJ and a crippling 90% stack loss.

Is that avoidable by just respecting the ICM and folding huge spots like this? or is that just a very rare cooler....just wondering...there was 2 diamonds so perhaps in light of the flip against any two diamonds, I should have played it much slower....

What do you guys think?

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That 44 hand is just a cooler.

For strategy in these I recommend just playing aggressive. Use position to try to get folds, don't get into a dickwaving contest.

P

Photuris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree. My deepest runs are when I am constantly putting the pedal to the metal. Your stack will explode or bust that way and also players begin calling you down lighter and lighter guaranteeing huge paydays whenever you do pickup AA or KK preflop or hit your gutshot.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gamble it up early on to try and get a big stack and then start to play better from there on in

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until registration closes these are a mine field. I always assume any bet or raise I make will be met with one or more shoves. So I play jj+ and ak suited only. Or if I can manage a free look from the blinds with anything. After registration ends I play any pocket pairs and as low as suited connectors bullying from or just before the blinds. If and when I get a monster stack I just fold my heart out till the final table. Nothing worse than doing all that work to not make the money because a donk hits his miracle on you. Over the last 3 weeks I've had 5 moneys in those tourneys out of maybe 10 to 12 tries per week. One first one third the others were seventh to ninth.

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they are mine field during the late reg. but this is the best opportunity to earn chips for the later play. I play aggressive only with good cards and there are a lot of "callers" who are calling your bets even if they have nothing.

ilyass

ilyass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With steam dastoinstvo small, it is best to go quietly, without isolation of the table and get trips, and playing on the development of a table, or an easy fold

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just wait for goooder hand and steal from the sit outs they are tuff to guide thru

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is near the style of winners take all.
gamble anytime you thing winning chance >50%

and pray for good results. that's it.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play a different style then most and dont care if im in last position on a final table totally comfortable coming from behind. In these and on bol ive had success in the turbos there. I push when can and after the first hour I will bluff with position etc.. when is 60 or less I start to push harder especially as we get closer to final table i open up game more with position again and try to steal when as can. If a flop comes with 2 spades and i have ace something spades im def pushing. So as the game goes i push more and more with marginal hands. If get a big stack earlier I play differently or adjust etc.. set more traps to the aggressive players. good luck

champyun

champyun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played these religiously, over the past month or two. I've finished in the money, bubbled numerous times and busted out early. I've found the best play is to lay low and only play premium hands. In these, you can get moved quite a bit, however, try and observe each players' play and take out the lags with their inferior hands. I suggest calling with your better hands in most scenarios. See what the flop brings and adjust from there. It's paid off for me.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should gamble a LOT early to chip up, then start to tighten your range. For me its an all in show till 100 are left, then I tighten up and start playing TAG.

P

Photuris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fb8577bb3cf1bc52aea4e32dfa3a730e.jpg

P

Photuris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
80K 1st in chips
40 left

Still couldn't cash!!!

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah freerolls are rough man... It is hard to push people off of any hand... your best bet is slow rolling nut hands and letting ppl attempt to bet u out.. and not pushing preflop unless u have top tier hand... but even then ur likely to get called by 5-8 trying to get a straight and of course he will get there every time.. My success in freerolls comes from a lot of grinding and just learning how people play in them.. I feel like each site is different. ACR sucks with their freerolls because only 10 pay. So actually hitting in them requires a lot of luck... no skill really required. If you ask me.. lol

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Unlucky game , Photuris . best luck next time .

I play sometimes aggressive at the beggining to build a stack , but because I'm not good at it , most times I will play more tight waiting for a good hand to shove , get a call , double or triple my stack : AQso+, QQ+, maybe AJso,A10so , maybe 99+ if I'm low stacked and have many in the hand , if I get the chips , I start playing normally (position, pairs,suited connectors,etc) and shove again when I need chips if I'm card dead .

That way unfortunatelly I have to go all in many times preflop with big stacks mainly (many flips) . With this tactic I have made ITM ,but not many times and not to the top 3 as far as I remember (once I had the chance but on the final table didn't play good poker) .

So which tactic is better to use , not mine I guess , I think being more aggressive at the beggining and play carefully but aggressive , not tight , your stack later , but not too much tight or too much aggressive :)

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy is fold fold fold late in the tourney.
I have literally folded pocket As just to ensure I would cash out, because otherwise I would have been beaten for sure.:)

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Generally it is important always to analyze the opposites, that is primordial ..
Go all in with AA, I would only if I am very down in my stack ... otherwise it is important to make a bet up to 30% of my stack, otherwise any greater push, would go all in hopelessly, that is, but Of 1/3 of the stack would go all in with AA or KK

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how opponents play. Safest is to play only solid hands when You know that you are leading

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Be Tight in the early stages by playing few strong hands. At the intermediate stage open your range, ALWAYS adapting the table played, so analyze the POSITION on the table where you are, MARK the most aggressive and loose players and also who you consiedera Nit players. And in the final stage my friends, that's it: Your CONCENTRATION level will be so high that you will not even notice it and you will be mastering all these main principles and your feeling will also be calibrated for that time to apply more advanced moves like Shove, Bet, Bluff, Stop & go and so on.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I am sorry that the best thing you can do to start winning and not losing much is to play with caution since as you verified the extremely strong hands are very vulnerable, when I find myself in similar situations I always play withla and when I am 99% sure of the Victory pushed a little more and thus I leave graceful of these situations

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be ddont be afraid to take big gambles early on to try to build up a large stack. With such a small % of the field being paid you will need to get chips early esp with the fast structure.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate those $10 freerolls. Too much variance, too many players, not enough prize to make it worth it. Play tight but extremely aggressive poker. Take advantage of the calling stations and dumb "bluffers".

J

J2neS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy is fold fold fold late in the tourney.
I have literally folded pocket As just to ensure I would cash out, because otherwise I would have been beaten for sure.:)

So ur not playing to win, ur playing to not lose :)
its one way to go at it for sure, but on one of these days we have to learn how to play to win !
GL to u in ur grind m8 !

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think you want to play basic abc poker, and when you hit a hand try to maximize value

Freeroll Passwords