"Strategies"

H

Hijack47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm beginning to understand poker a little differently. After investing so much time into the game for profit and non profit I've come to realize that "strategy" is good, yes, but I feel like people may rely on one strategy for too long. From what I've learned is that poker is more of a here and now game. You have to adjust to your situation and circumstances each hand. Yes TAG and LAG are the optimal choices but those premium cards might not come and maybe every time you do play aggressive your opponents are hitting. Those days happen. The best you can do is look where your at on the table, your cards, and think about how everyone has been playing. A lot of times you might have to be more aggressive or in other cases you might have to tighten up! The game of poker has so many dynamics and virables to take into consideration. You learn something new everyday. Best of luck people!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive vs passive is to do with how often you bet instead of checking or calling.

You say this quote "A lot of times you might have to be more aggressive or in other cases you might have to tighten up! " This is confusing being loose for being aggressive.

Loose means you play medium or even weak starting hands especially if you are in early position and there's a preflop raise. You can be loose and passive.