My story with 5-5

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-5, this is the only hand in poker I don't know what to do with, especially in the critical moments in tournament when I have to go all in or fold. Sometimes I go all-in but I lose against any normal hand. Sometimes I fold it, but the 5 comes on the board and I regret it!
Basically, it's a weak hand, but in critical moments in MTT we have to take some risk to double up.
I think with this hand, there is no specific strategy, it's only a matter of luck and a good feeling!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to fold it instead of going all in with it. I would rather go all in with JT off suit they go all in with 5-5 in a Tournament when the blinds are so high.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you answered it yourself at the end of your post.

"Good feeling"

I play based on feeling these days (most of the time). Sometimes I'm just too tired to do any calculations and free myself from the mental load that goes into a decision.

If my feelings are synced up with the god of chaos, I come out on top, yay.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I draw the line at 88 yet i lost with 99... bro...you can lose with AA... easily.
I like to measure the players more than the cards... the flop is the key variable for me... the question is whether i want to pay to see the flop, then compete with the board based on what cards i have...there is no math for that...:captain:

Last edited:
Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
55 is a good hand when shoving cause you will probably get called by AK AQ AJ KQ KJ stuff like that so if you have 99 or 55 is same thing.. if they flop a pair there is no difference for you

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"5-5, this is the only hand in poker I don't know what to do with"
I envy you for I can only say about myself that AA is the only hand in poker I know what to do with.

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im with 55 like with every low pare, always trying to play post flop. If late stage with low stack - all in.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on my stack. when I'm short it's all-in. otherwise I happen to fold this hand preflop end of the game when the spot is too expensive or too difficult to manage to reach the final table.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the stage of the tournament, on the size of the stack, on the players at the table. Statistics on players helps to solve with such hands. Sometimes there is no way out and you need all-in. When a small stack, and you're in a late position, etc.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe in math and stop worrying. Use preflop-allin, read the materials on this topic.
But the RNG was not canceled)).

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do not bother with one pair! Just play and enjoy the game. Maybe this is the solution for the small problem!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like to get in as cheaply as possible with it against the most players. Always toss if there's a reraise.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In critical situation, goes any pocket couple 22, 33, 44, or any ace, any connectors 78, 89, 9T, TJ, JQ.