Stay in knowing you're behind?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a hypothetical question just for the hell of it. Let's say you were heads up with someone in a cash game and, even though no one is all-in, they intentionally reveal their cards to you showing you that you were behind in the hand. Can people think of scenarios (other than straight-up bluffing) where you would still continue the hand even though you knew for a fact you were behind in the hopes of catching up?

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really easy Question.

If I have enough Outs and the Right pot odds to make it +EV -> call/raise/shove
If I'm far behind because he has a set and I only got mid pair -> fold

If you know his Hand it's easy to make the Right call/fold without trying to bluff

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a hypothetical question just for the hell of it. Let's say you were heads up with someone in a cash game and, even though no one is all-in, they intentionally reveal their cards to you showing you that you were behind in the hand. Can people think of scenarios (other than straight-up bluffing) where you would still continue the hand even though you knew for a fact you were behind in the hopes of catching up?

Just because his hand beats yours heads-up doesn't mean that he has the best hand possible.

Can you bluff with a raise trying to sell that you have a flush or two pair? It's just another way to think about playing it.

This is ultimately the mistake of revealing any live hand. "Oh great, you have that? I raise!"

Of course a limit game might be a lot harder to motivate an opponent to fold.

Good luck !

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have two over cards. Flush draw. Straight draw. Sometimes even just an Ace or a King. Depends on my outs. My opponent. And the size of the bet.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, at Microstakes probably not but if you've got a solid read on someone with a polarized range (3bet, 4bet pre) and they're value betting a top pair and strong kicker for example AK on an A high rainbow dry board then yeah it's plausible to do this. I normally only like to lurk if i've got a chance of improving my hand myself.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye if you got the correct pot odds and or implied odds to call a bet and it can also go check check.