Starting/Call Range ?

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

i have now decided when i start my cash game i will be playing micro limits 6 max tables, i have been looking online for opening/calling ranges however the info seems to vary a fair amount. does anyone have any decent suggestions, any help would be appreciated as i don't really even wanna play with free chips before understanding my ranges better:confused::confused::confused:

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

i have now decided when i start my cash game i will be playing micro limits 6 max tables, i have been looking online for opening/calling ranges however the info seems to vary a fair amount. does anyone have any decent suggestions, any help would be appreciated as i don't really even wanna play with free chips before understanding my ranges better:confused::confused::confused:
The poker fighter App is pretty useful if you want to practice to get a consistent range.

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ranges

Hi guys

Asking other people for some examples of starting ranges is useless. Its like having 30 red marbles in a bag and taking one out and expecting it to be blue. Every person has their own range they fell they can play with and also every person varies their range. So a person can tell you that they recommend to 3x the big blind with AK but then they'll just shove it or flat. Or someone can tell you to flat with pocket 9's but when they're playing they'll shove those 9's. There isn't really a correct range per say.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend reading The Grinders Manual if you haven't. It focuses on 6 max cash tables and has some pretty good information on starting hand ranges as it explains how you should be adjusting your ranges depending on the types of players that are left to act behind you. Not to mention all of the other great information it contains.

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend reading The Grinders Manual if you haven't. It focuses on 6 max cash tables and has some pretty good information on starting hand ranges as it explains how you should be adjusting your ranges depending on the types of players that are left to act behind you. Not to mention all of the other great information it contains.

Cheers, i have seen that book being suggested, ive got the PDF ready to start reading today. :D