Can someone make sense of this opening range chart?

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Picture1.png

Surely lines 14, and to a lesser extent 16, need to move up the pecking order? A lot of duplication in lines 10, 11, 12 ?

Link to article - https://www.cardschat.com/news/cash...ising-from-late-position-and-the-button-86479

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just one person's custom chart that displays the way he plays. Only the guy who made it could answer why he put what where hun

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
well, granted I have much to learn but rasing on the button with 54s, but not with A9s seems odd. Hopefully, I will understand one day.

But do understand what I thought was duplication in lines 10 - 12 - single and double gapped. But an A2,3,4 has str8 making potential as well- granted, bottom straight.

Holding suited cards gives you a 6.5% chance of making a flush by the river - that is a lot slimmer than I thought - last night went out on A6s - would not have been as confident had I know I only had a 6.5% ( and a few extra pairing the A).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess, "LF" must mean "limp-fold", and already there it stops for me. Except for special tournament situations there is no merit of limping into pots in NLH.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is that Daniel Negranu range chart?

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This chart is for $1/$2 live, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it if you're mainly an online player. You can often get away with limping ATo UTG live since it's generally much tighter - many live players will only raise a tight range and there isn't usually much fold equity, so raising isn't always the best play. Admittedly I dont play live so anyone can feel free to correct me!

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This chart is for $1/$2 live, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it if you're mainly an online player. You can often get away with limping ATo UTG live since it's generally much tighter - many live players will only raise a tight range and there isn't usually much fold equity, so raising isn't always the best play. Admittedly I dont play live so anyone can feel free to correct me!

we seem to have played together a hundred years and I 100% respect your game...

I do not like this chart at all though... sorry is def not how I would play 1/2 at all.....

everyone plays differently though and i know you do not follow this 100% cause if do same thing all time people can figure out your game....

1/2 my game is limp trap if possible so to speak..... im not looking for all ins unless hit nutts

i am VERY OPEN to playing suited cards 10-6 even anything in range am also playing all pockets especially the lower ones even to raises and am playing decent cards 56 offsuit etc.. in situations so to speak....

i play a ton of hands in 1/2 range and have in past especially live or would if played all time or as much as did in past...... i am taking notes of the other players and finding the weaknesses one is betting patterns..... if a guy has patterns honestly sooner or later im gonna break most of them......

8-10 raise fold??? NEVER maybe to a huge shove? but man people raise me back with q10 of k9 offsuit nah im calling...

biggest advice or mistake of players is continuation bet ... most of time is automatic they've missed see if they check next street.... how much is bet to pot etc... that also matters in hanging on catching the bs play:)

your folding k10 kj qj spades say??? NOOOOOO never is position here with these hands make them monsters....

again just my two cents.....to me this chart leaves a ton of money on the table:)