some literature or videos

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello to all! please, recommend some modern literature or video to improve my game in the mtt ;)

thank you in advance :)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a quick youtube search can get you thousands of results with free tips and advice. I recommend starting there.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch the espn videos. I liked. But i need watch much more

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start with one coach

hello to all! please, recommend some modern literature or video to improve my game in the mtt ;)

thank you in advance :)

Thank you for posting.

You must start with playing one way then grow from there. If you look at ten players recommending ten actions in the same spot your growth will be slow.

I have studied everyone. I have watched all the videos. I have spent years lost in the sea of information. Do not do what I did. Do this instead.

Google search: Jonathan Little he is a poker coach who's strategies focus on MTT. He has free materials and paid materials.
He has on youtube over 250 hand reviews called "Weekly Poker Hand"

Watch those videos and trust what he says. Then do what he says while you play. Then watch those videos again and again until you know exactly why you are doing it.

Remember though it will take you hundreds of MTT's to get good if not more.

If you can pay to join his poker site pay for it you will get the money back at the tables.

Do not waste your life doing what I did, randomly trying to paste a strategy together.

If you message me I will respond. Feel free to ask questions I will help you.

:):)

BoldFenianMan

BoldFenianMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jonathan Little two thumbs up

eetenor I'm a newby, who had come to the same conclusion about picking one main voice to follow as my method to start my training b4 I saw this post.

Now I'm working on my 1st poker book by....you guessed it Jonathan Little. I chose "Secrets of Professional Tounament Poker Volume 1", which I'm working on now. To quote Jon from his intro in that book, "I studied poker books for six months before ever playing a hand of poker for real money." Also, advice I'm planning to follow.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try watching the instructional videos from MIT below:

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use youtube. There are many kind and sorts of training material. For any level of training.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study your level

eetenor I'm a newby, who had come to the same conclusion about picking one main voice to follow as my method to start my training b4 I saw this post.

Now I'm working on my 1st poker book by....you guessed it Jonathan Little. I chose "Secrets of Professional Tounament Poker Volume 1", which I'm working on now. To quote Jon from his intro in that book, "I studied poker books for six months before ever playing a hand of poker for real money." Also, advice I'm planning to follow.

Thank you for responding.

Great that you found Jonathan. As my title suggests you should study the techniques that help you beat the villains at your level. Jon has books specifically about small stakes. If you are going to start at the freeroll level for instance you need to play exploitatively. Look at Alex Fitzgerald's free webinars that Jonathan offers.
I would recommend you do play right away. If you are starting at the freeroll level. Jon refers to plays as "villain dependent" it is a good idea to play and take notes and watch how the villains actually play.

Do not worry about winning or making great plays just play and take notes and compare to what Jon suggests. Take notes on all hands villains play not just your own. ie villains do not fold top pair even when top pair is only a 9 etc.

Find the "weekly poker hand" on youtube on Jon's channel they are excellent.

Reach out to me anytime. I will help.

:):)

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks to all for advices! :)

i will start watching your recommended videos on twitch and youtube. i hope, it will increase my skill in mtt ;)

Last edited: