magijigu

magijigu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually my budget is only $100 now
I'm thinking which. Should I but HUD or Snowie

I'm super bigginer. Could you gimme advices?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Personally, I am convinced that I need to develop my own skills and intuition, without the use of any additional software. At least I hope that my potential will be enough for this. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tracker (HUD) is more important than a program like Snowie. Its also a whole lot easier to work with Snowie, if you have a tracker, because then all your hand histories are stored in one place for easy import into Snowie, if you want to review some spots.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If you're a super beginner just use that $100 to invest in your playing bankroll (imo). Read some strategy stuff to gain a foundation and then get playing (& then play some more... and some more).. AND then go back to more studying and a mix of the two.
Becoming decent at poker takes time... .with both play and study. BUT it takes time to develop one's intuition which is obviously important for playing poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a super beginner just use that $100 to invest in your playing bankroll (imo).

Of course you also need to have a playing bankroll, but for serious players a tracker is such an important tool for studying and improving away from the tables, that I would rather make that investment early than late. Instead of just reading theoretical articles or watching videos of hands, ofter people played, you can look at the hands, you played yourself, when you are emotionally detached from the results, like say 2 weeks later. And maybe sometimes you will be like "OMG did I really do THAT, I must have been on tilt". When your sample gets large enough you can also search for leaks and look to plug them.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the best theoretical material without fixing it in practice is not effective. Combine programs and practice, do not be afraid to make mistakes, as long as they are not too expensive.:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course you also need to have a playing bankroll, but for serious players a tracker is such an important tool for studying and improving away from the tables, that I would rather make that investment early than late. Instead of just reading theoretical articles or watching videos of hands, ofter people played, you can look at the hands, you played yourself, when you are emotionally detached from the results, like say 2 weeks later. And maybe sometimes you will be like "OMG did I really do THAT, I must have been on tilt". When your sample gets large enough you can also search for leaks and look to plug them.

I'm not against them purchasing PT4 or HEM... but they clearly stated 'super beginner'.
There are other ways to review one's hands in early going.
Also, my suggestions for studying didn't suggest 'watching videos of hands other people played'. I stand by what I said based on a 'super beginner' player... believing they need to get some play in so that they can even relate everything else to that experience.

fwiw, when I was starting out I used to review my Tournament HH's via PopoPop hand replayer. Didn't need a tracker to do this.
one can also take screenshots of hands played they might want to review, along with copying the HH text

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're a super beginner just use that $100 to invest in your playing bankroll (imo). Read some strategy stuff to gain a foundation and then get playing (& then play some more... and some more).. AND then go back to more studying and a mix of the two.
Becoming decent at poker takes time... .with both play and study. BUT it takes time to develop one's intuition which is obviously important for playing poker.

Excellent advice, this is what I was going to post. Save your $100 for your bankroll, because there are endless amounts of study material that will help you build a foundation.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advice to download poker tracker's 30 day free version. It is a good idea to get accustomed to stats and how to use the program to the most of your benefit first before purchasing it. Since you are beginner you shall be more focused on observing-note taking your opponents. I advice you to take notes on your HUD instead of client because later when you review the hands the notes will be available on your tracker. Also, you shall be doing lots of hand reading excercises. For this purpose I would reccomend flopzilla. Flopzilla also has trial version.

magijigu

magijigu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you so much everyone!!! I totally understand what should I do. At first, I will try to install 30 days free trial.

Thank you so much again

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Me these my words

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not against them purchasing PT4 or HEM... but they clearly stated 'super beginner'.

I might have kind of missed that. I do agree, that to benefit the most from PT4 or HEM, you should have some fundamentals hammered down already like reading boards, understanding hand rankings, opening ranges etc. You dont need PT4 to tell you to not limp K5s UTG, you just need some basic strategy articles and a starting hand chart, which you can get for free.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snowie is a program that is more dedicated to the practice of game strategies and etc, since it is a bot that is constantly learning, on the other hand, a hud will serve you more for what is live poker since it will have record of your hands played as well as that of your rivals and etc, snowie is more complicated to start