SNAP MT Tournaments

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Honorable Community,

I would like to open a thread for discussing tips and tricks, cons and pros of poker play at the tables on tournaments known as SNAP tournaments at least in 888Poker room.

The main point of those tourneys is that we can not learn our oponents and make decisions based on this information as each hand starts at the new table. From my point of view those kind of tournaments force us to play a bit limited kind of poker than regular ones. However, we can afford to try much more hands per blind round, or at least see more hole cards.

I would be grateful if everybody coud share his/her experience in playing such tourneys. Recommendations from pros would be highly appreciated as well.

The primary questions are What should and what should not be done at the tables when taking part in SNAP tournament.

Thanks in advance.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If someone raised before you that means you're playing versus stronger range than usual, as people fold a lot searching for a good-looking hand. The same thing aplies if you are first to act (it's been folded to you), open from late positions with wider range as I feel like people tend to overfold their hands there. But be careful postflop, keep in mind stronger ranges. Actually I think I like those tournaments even more than the regular ones, but I just dislike that all of them that I saw were a rebuy tournaments (as you're talking about 888 poker), and people play a different kind of poker there. A donkish one. At stars I enjoy playing them.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like these kind, but I find players play a bit more aggressively to steal blinds, you hardly ever see the showdown unless you're in it, so unless you see the same player twice after the showdown you can only assume their hands.

If you're jumping table to table looking for a hand then the antes do add up

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Honorable Community,

I would like to open a thread for discussing tips and tricks, cons and pros of poker play at the tables on tournaments known as SNAP tournaments at least in 888Poker room.

The main point of those tourneys is that we can not learn our oponents and make decisions based on this information as each hand starts at the new table. From my point of view those kind of tournaments force us to play a bit limited kind of poker than regular ones. However, we can afford to try much more hands per blind round, or at least see more hole cards.

I would be grateful if everybody coud share his/her experience in playing such tourneys. Recommendations from pros would be highly appreciated as well.

The primary questions are What should and what should not be done at the tables when taking part in SNAP tournament.

Thanks in advance.

Run simulation on softwares like Holdem Resources or ICMizer for good opening/calling ranges for each position. Since your table changes constantly, you need to play as close to optimal as possible.

In case you don't have access to those softwares, have a good opening/calling range for each position, irrespective of the opponent, just based on the position they're sitting in.

Once you're in the late stages, keep the "fold & watch" on, i.e. you need to keep track of two tables. One that you're playing in and the other is the replayer.

Hope that helps.

1noname1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see only pluses in such tournaments, as more time is played out for more hands, thus the game becomes more dynamic and interesting.

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone raised before you that means you're playing versus stronger range than usual, as people fold a lot searching for a good-looking hand. The same thing aplies if you are first to act (it's been folded to you), open from late positions with wider range as I feel like people tend to overfold their hands there. But be careful postflop, keep in mind stronger ranges. Actually I think I like those tournaments even more than the regular ones, but I just dislike that all of them that I saw were a rebuy tournaments (as you're talking about 888 poker), and people play a different kind of poker there. A donkish one. At stars I enjoy playing them.

Completely agree with you regarding 888 rebuys. I met a pleyr once, who bought additional chips from the very beginning of the game and than each his turn was All-In. When somebody win him, he made double reby again and did the same thing. And it was again and again and again... Really crazy or stupid I am not sure. I do not like rebuy turnaments, but this is how poker rooms doig their money. And here is nothing we can do.
Starts ZOOM much better though.

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have much experience in snap, even so I have won some of those, and for me, a fundamental part is to take care of the range of hands, no trash letters, to be aggressive, if we have letters that are hard to see. if we are blind and no one raises raise. if someone raisea we do 3beat. after half of the tournament we changed the strategy to liabilities.

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just taken part in such Free 20$ Snap tournney on 888 and ended 2nd, though it was my first time reaching such a high position, cause I always get into the money, but the ammounts are so small that I can't even feel them ifluencing my bankroll, howver till it's free why not to try your luck and skills? The only thing that irritates me the most is half of players shoving all in in the very early stages of tourney so u need to sit out a bit.;)

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the snap tournaments, but the main issue I have is that I'll stop at a hand I'll play, but so will other players. This means that in most cases you'll be playing against other strong hands.

There is a button next to the fold button to fold and watch table, so you *can* see the hands play out